Esteemed Contributor

I do not belong to Facebook but there are some public accounts that I like to check.  I had a friend stay with me for about a week.  She belongs to Facebook and used my computer to log into her accounts.  Now I’m unable to view any public pages.  Facebook is requiring me login even though these are public pages. 

I cleared my browsing history, cookies, etc. but that didn’t help.  I’ve searched online for info.  It seems Facebook is trying to force people to login/join.  Any ideas how I can get back to being able to view public Facebook pages without being required to join and/or login?

Honored Contributor

I do not do facebook either but check almost daily on some local fb pages for business' that are public.  I just checked two of them and I cannot read them without logging in.  This as happened a few times before in the past few years and usually clears up with no action on my part in a day or two.  Check them again tomorrow. 

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

This seems to have happened today. I checked the Facebook page for our Village, and it would not allow me to view it. I think something similar happened a few years ago and after a while we could see the page again.

Either way I will not belong to Facebook to see the Village postings.

Honored Contributor

@cotton4me @On It @beckyb1012 

May I ask, without being rude, what you do not like about logging in?

I cannot think of anywhere I go on the internet where I do not need to be logged in.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks @On It @beckyb1012 

I really appreciate your input.  Glad to know it's not just me.  Hopefully it clears up.  

@LTT1   I don't belong to Facebook so I have no way of logging in.  Businesses, parks, etc. should want to have their websites accessible to all, not just Facebook users.  

Honored Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

I cannot think of anywhere I go on the internet where I do not need to be logged in.

They ask for your email and password to log in to your facebook account.  I do not have one so I can only view public facebook accounts.  Like Lisa Robertson's.

Honored Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

@LTT1 wrote:

They ask for your email and password to log in to your facebook account.  I do not have one so I can only view public facebook accounts.  Like Lisa Robertson's.

@beckyb1012 You don't have one what, e-mail or password?  You create your own password.  There's plenty of free e-mail clients that you can use.  You had to have an E-mail and password to log in here. I have an E-mail specifically for my online activities so I don't get e-mail from them mixed in with e-mails from friends & family although I've never received an E-mail from Facebook.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Facebook Problem

[ Edited ]

@Icegoddess wrote:

@beckyb1012 wrote:

@LTT1 wrote:

@beckyb1012 You don't have one what, e-mail or password?  You create your own password.  There's plenty of free e-mail clients that you can use.  You had to have an E-mail and password to log in here. I have an E-mail specifically for my online activities so I don't get e-mail from them mixed in with e-mails from friends & family although I've never received an E-mail from Facebook.  

I do not have a facebook account.  Yes I have email one for personal and one for my business but I choose not to be a member of facebook.  That means I cannot log into their system and can only view public accounts.  I log into the places I do have an account but not facebook.  I was on it for a short time and way too many people I had never heard of were requesting to be my friend.  So I closed it.  Plus I have a stalker ex husband of 23 years so that is a big reason to not be to "out" there.

Honored Contributor

@LTT1  I don't understand why people are paranoid about Facebook.  I joined a number of years ago and belong to 7 or 8 groups with whom I share the same interests. I learn so much from interacting with these people.  I never post personal information or even mention where I live, dont chit chat with friends or relatives.  My interests are very specific so I don't chat with large numbers of people. 

With a little reasonable care, you're as safe as you are on the QVC board.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Facebook Problem

[ Edited ]

Absolutely!  Facebook has privacy controls!

I have an "extra" email account that I use just for "logging in" where one is required.

Never use your email you do business or purchase with!

Free emails are available everywhere.  Use one!