Esteemed Contributor

Re: Does Anyone Else Love Food Trucks?

I have only seen them on T.V.....but I question the sanitation of them, too....as someone else mention...where is the running water to clean utensils...pots...etc...washing their hands....

True there is no guarantee that the real restaurants are clean but I like to think they do have running water for washing ....

Honored Contributor

@circles wrote:

I have only seen them on T.V.....but I question the sanitation of them, too....as someone else mention...where is the running water to clean utensils...pots...etc...washing their hands....

True there is no guarantee that the real restaurants are clean but I like to think they do have running water for washing ....

The trucks are required by law to have running water.

Valued Contributor

Atlanta is having the Food Truck/Street Food festival in Piedmont Park, July 11 -- it is great!

Hey you, get off of my cloud...
Valued Contributor

I spent a day in a food truck once shooting photos -- everything is very clean, refrigerated if need be -- even a freezer on board -- and yes, running water.

Hey you, get off of my cloud...
Honored Contributor

@Photo Donna wrote:

I spent a day in a food truck once shooting photos -- everything is very clean, refrigerated if need be -- even a freezer on board -- and yes, running water.

Thanks for the "back up", Donna.

Our local History Museum has a Food Truck Rodeo once a month. Trucks come from as far as 100 miles away. There are live bands and free tours of the park the building is in and the actual museum is free that night too.

I live in a neighborhood famus for having lots of local restaurants...but there are always one or two food truck choices on the street too.

Honored Contributor

I love food trucks.

They have food truck festivals in Chicago, and we always try to go. 

Two of our favorites are Da Lobsta and Beavers Donuts.  Yummy

Esteemed Contributor

I love food trucks! Before I retired I worked in NYC; we had a great cafeteria but when I had an errand or took a walk and missed cafeteria hours, there were so many options. I loved the schnitzel truck, especially and of course the cupcake truck. I live in NJ so I don't have as many options and that is one of the things I miss. They are very clean, they all have a certificate of inspection and NYC Board of Health is very strict about standards. People have been buying hotdogs for years with no standards in the past. They are probably cleaner than many very good restaurants.
Honored Contributor

@brii wrote:

I love food trucks.

brii, I live in the suburbs of Chicago.  Are these festivals held in Chicago itself or one of the surrounding communities?  I would love to go!  I've never heard of any, what a lovely surprise!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@momtochloe wrote:

@brii wrote:

I love food trucks.

brii, I live in the suburbs of Chicago.  Are these festivals held in Chicago itself or one of the surrounding communities?  I would love to go!  I've never heard of any, what a lovely surprise!

They're in Chicago.    I know Schaumburg had one last summer too.  I think it's called the Food Truck Fest or something.  We just went to one a few weeks ago.

Have you ever been to the French Market, mtc?    A lot of the vendors there have food trucks. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

A Polish food truck?  I would love to have one nearby.  Polish food is hard to find in Florida where I live.  We have an itinerant ice cream truck, though.  Its jingle is festive but the goods are just generic, and this is according to the little kids who are its customers in my neighborhood.