Honored Contributor

Does Anyone Else Love Food Trucks?

In the last several years, we have gotten some great food trucks.

One, Lloyd's Tacos, won a contest on MSNBC and will soon have 2 storefronts.

Another, Betty Krockski, serves Polish food.

LOVE food trucks - especially when they have a food truck rodeo and you can sample from several!

Honored Contributor

Re: Does Anyone Else Love Food Trucks?

love them......and what a great way to start a business! i also like the ones that will actually deliver in the middle of the night (think college campuses!)

some of my favorites are ones that serve halal foods/kababs, freshly baked cookies, and of course ice cream/italian ice/snow balls.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

The only place I've ever seen them is on a TV show, commerical, or movie.  I've never seen a real one.Woman LOL

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]
Where I live I never know where a food truck will be when I want to grab a meal so no.
Esteemed Contributor

You want excellent truck food, take a trip to Portland, OR, where I live.  The food is Outstanding!!!

Trusted Contributor

Having managed retail food stores, I really question the sanitation in these trucks.   How about the running water?   Cleaning kitchen tools?   Maintaining proper food temps?   

Honored Contributor

Oh I love food trucks as well as the next person but are they healthy??? I think not. I try only to eat very healthy and a food truck selection is definitely a once a year splurge for me!

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

There's several taco trucks in SLC Utah when I go there.  My husband and I will always stop.   If I'm with my friend, she's appalled that anyone would eat from them.  LOL

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Super Contributor

Food trucks is one of the reasons I love visiting NYC ... one on every corner ... yes, I love food trucks ...

~~ Good enough is good enough ~~
Honored Contributor

@NYwoman wrote:

Having managed retail food stores, I really question the sanitation in these trucks.   How about the running water?   Cleaning kitchen tools?   Maintaining proper food temps?   

They are all fully licensed here. Plus any food prepared off the truck has to be done in a licenced professional kitchen.

I don't know how they are in other places - but our local food trucks are actually "gourmet."