Honored Contributor

Do you think it's possible . . .

. . . to revive a romance that ended 24 years ago?  The two people really loved each other.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

Re: Do you think it's possible . . .

From what I've read, yes, if both people are single.  Shared memories maybe.  I would not be interested in any of my old boyfriends though.

Super Contributor

If whatever caused them to split up that many years ago has now changed, in a major way.

In Sunny AZ
Honored Contributor

After that many years, I have my doubts.  But if both parties are in good physical, mental, and emotional health, I guess anything is "possible".

Honored Contributor

yes, most definitely possible if both people feel the emotions.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I've seen it work with a childhood friend of mine. They dated all through school; he asked her to marry him, but she said no. I'm not sure why; I think she got scared. They both married other people, started families, children grew up (I think one is still in high school). Both divorced, ended up finding each other again and got married within a year of reconnecting. They are happier than pigs in poop!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

Absolutely.

Go for it.

Respected Contributor

Yes. One of my mother's cousins was widowed for several years, ran into her high school sweetheart, who had lost his wife, they reconnected, and they got married!

Honored Contributor

@tansy wrote:

From what I've read, yes, if both people are single.  Shared memories maybe.  I would not be interested in any of my old boyfriends though.

@tansy

Actually, I'm just musing, tansy.  There are so many "ifs" involved in such a thing, but I think of him every single day and have for years.  (Yes, it's me, ssh, LOL.)  I think I'm just lonely.  He was my last SO.

My computer sits right next to my window and I'm on the ground floor and I see so many older couples walking by, hand in hand.  The younger ones "jog" by, not realizing how fast life is going to go, I'm sure. 

Wish I wasn't so melancholy these days.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

After 24 years, many things change. Some for better and some not. Reviving a romantic relationship after that many years...?....I would think not. A good friendship, maybe. But not a romantic one.