Trusted Contributor

Re: Do you have a favorite chef or cook?

I have always enjoyed watching Sara Moulton. She is so down-to-earth and unaffected...and has marvelous recipes and tips.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Pati Jinich

Rick Bayless

Ellie Krieger

Ina Garten 

Tyler Florence

Every recipe I have made from the above have been really good to great.

I love Martha Stewarts shows but her recipes have been a big fail for me. Welll the majority of them. I have noticed they aren't the best rated either.

I really love Pioneer Women but she doesn't make the kind of food I usually eat. I think I have made two of her recipes though and they both turned out great. Her Tres Leches cake and Italian Drip Beef. Well my husband said it was awesome anyway.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Super Contributor

Tyler Florence, Bobby Flay, Lidia Bastianch

Esteemed Contributor

@BornToShopwrote:

@nomlesswrote:

@BornToShopwrote:

The Pioneer Woman & David Venable!

That's interesting....I've never seen David cook anything. He just stirs stuff. It also seems like he is not the creator of his recipes because often he doesn't know what the ingredients are and has to ask someone. Glad you enjoy him, though.

@nomless, I have several of his recipes plus his cookbook that I thoroughly enjoy.   

@BornToShop

@nomless

Beware of the slow cooker dessert with pears.  Oy!  Made it for the first time to take to a large gathering and all I could taste was the leavening agent.  Had to apologize to everyone and take it off the table.  If you decide to make it, use pear nectar, not juice, plus add 1 heaping tsp cardamom, 1/2 tsp cinnamon and a pinch of ginger.  Serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.