Esteemed Contributor

Do you keep a journal/diary?

I do.

I don't write in it every day, but it's where I put all of my deep, dark thoughts that I don't share with anyone else.

I've journaled ever since I was in junior high.

Boy, will people have some interesting reading after I'm dead! *lol*

So, do you write in a journal or diary?

Honored Contributor

I used to more than half of my life but then I got really tired of writing something every day. 

Plus I was sure neither I nor anyone else would want to read all my "profound" thoughts and some not very cheery or nice.

Now I do write things sometimes, and like to keep cards and notes I've written to my children and also I write down prayers a lot.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

No. I tried it years ago and just found it rather lame.  It is not my cup of tea.  Like meditating.....I would rather watch TV.

Esteemed Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 I would not say I journal but when someone has hurt me very much or angered me, I turn on the word processor and type it out until my anger or hurt feelings and or I have calmed down, it helps, my fingers fly at lightening speed, and I take the frustration out on the keyboard and not myself or the person who put me in that position in the fist place. I have them all saved in a binder book, why, I don;t know I never go back and look at them again?

Esteemed Contributor

When I was in high school and college, I would write about the boys that I had hard core crushes on.

Now, I write when something "momentous" happens.

I write my anger and I cuss a blue streak.

It helps to have "someone" to "talk" to.

Esteemed Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 i deem myself a "Professional cusser", I can cuss with the best of them, bad habit I picked up in Junior High, and never outgrew it, ME BAD!

Respected Contributor

I have a journaling Bible and a devotional journal where I reflect on daily passages.Cat Happy

I'm not short...I'm fun size!
Honored Contributor

I've journaled once in my life. When my husband died in 2002, I went through grief counseling sessions and one of the "assignments" was to keep a daily journal of my progress through the grieving process. The point of the journal was to look back one day and see how far I came. Wow that brings back memories.🙏🏼

Honored Contributor

@CareBears wrote:

@Plaid Pants2 i deem myself a "Professional cusser", I can cuss with the best of them, bad habit I picked up in Junior High, and never outgrew it, ME BAD!

@CareBears-

You know, I think a lot of people over the mason dixon line,, it is much more prevalent and natural to curse with the best of them! Every other word sometimes.

When you travel down south, it seems no longer acceptable and wherever you are, you slowly start to become acclimated to whatever everyone else is saying!

That's what I've found anyway.

It's a hard habit to break, esp. when everyone around you is doing it too.

And it sure stands out glaringly when you are around those who never do.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

@on the bay Do you know how many times I had my mouth washed out with soap for my cursing, did it stop me, H*** No, it anything it encouraged me, my Mom would say where did you pick up that language and I told the truth, I heard Dad say it, which just got me in more trouble.  My mother never swore not even a little, I would go on my tangent as an adult and she would just say, Girl I cannot believe your Mouth you should be ashamed of yourself, but you know what I never have been ashamed of my cursing, it sure gets my point across when need be!