Valued Contributor

(deleted by poster)

Honored Contributor

This made me think of the Frank Sinatra song She gets too hungry for dinner at 8.

Well, people had better come to my table not expecting the best gourmet food.  

Respected Contributor

The best dinners is where everyone feels at home.  Cozy surroundings.  Always invite into the home nice people because nice matters.

Welcome intelligent people for dinner always to have good talks over dinner.   Eating with stupid people drives me nuts and makes me eat lots of food to keep my mouth shut.  (smile)   Come on you too can relate to that last comment.  

And always serve the best food.   And a must to always have enough food left where everyone can take home something to eat later.  

Valued Contributor

Re: Dinner at 8

[ Edited ]

(deleted by poster)

Esteemed Contributor

I don't make dinner parties Woman LOL

A meal is the best when it's shared with people I love. The food is secondary, although I love food, but the company is first.

Laughter, good conversation and feeling comfortable are the criteria for a good meal, whether it's at home or in a restaurant. 

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Super Contributor

I LOVE that book.  AND that movie...

Trusted Contributor

I love having dinner parties and do so, often.  Some are formal, sit-down dinners in the dining room.  Many are casual suppers, eaten at the kitchen island.  Sometimes I have a theme, sometimes not. 

I disagree that it's either good food or good conversation.....I make sure we have both!

By the way, I love Edith Wharton!