Honored Contributor

The first photo of the resting deer surrounded by wild grass and flowers has a calming affect.  I feel like I am in the woods on a nature walk and have quietly come upon this scene of the gentle deer.

Sweet dreams, Willow, your favorite time !!!!

Honored Contributor

20240414_162956.jpg

*gently kisses sweetie's forehead

Respected Contributor

@on the bay  Our vet said they can put Buddy on a tranquilizer but he will be somewhat lethargic.   I did not want to dope him up and crush his spirit as he is quite playful, loves all people and animals. I am torn as to how to comfort my wee little white dog as he is in misery.   Any suggestions from anyone? 

Esteemed Contributor

@Boomernichols  if you only have to drug him occasionally, I don't think that would crush his spirit.  As far as a thundershirt goes, it has to be really tight around their girth to give them the comfort they need.  Not to the point of making it hard to breathe, of course, but pretty tight.

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

@Boomernichols ,

Maybe check out "7 best calming aids for dogs according to vets."

Their top choice is Vetriscience Composure-can be ordered on Chewy.

And maybe a sound machine or some soothing music too!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

@MamaWick Our vet has given us a prescription for TRANZODONE to treat the anxiety in our westie.    After we give it to him, he is still off the rails and barks incessantly.   You literally can not hold him, the thunder shirt did not work.   She is talking about some sort of tranquilizer that started with an A and said we could give it everyday to keep him on an even keel.   She stated that it would make him lethargic though.

Respected Contributor

@on the bay We currently are using TRANZODONE that the ver prescribed.    We give it to him before a storm and it does not curve his anxiety.   She says they can put him on a daily tranquilizer but I am afraid it will be too altering as she did say it will make him lethargic.   I feel like I am between a rock and a hard place as to how best to treat my boy.

Honored Contributor

@Boomernichols,

That's why I was thinking you might like to try those more natural ones sold at pet stores, like the one I posted-there are others. They do not make the dogs lethargic and are made up of vitamins and herbs, etc.

It's worth a try. The Vetriscience was developed by veterinarians.

You could ask yours about it.

Just a thought. I hope you can find something that helpsSmiley Happy 

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

@Boomernichols. I'm so sorry to hear that.  A med that stars with A?  Probably alprazolam, which is Xanax.  I don't blame you for not wanting to give the puppy something every day.

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Respected Contributor

@on the bay I got up this morning and orderd some of the calming chews from Vetriscience that you told me about.    Chewy said they would arrive in three days.   I will update you in the near future if they were the miracle that I am seeking.    THANKS for another option for my wee little white man!!!