Respected Contributor

Re: Called CS...got Rudeness & Attitude in return!

Sorry you had a hard time.....glad that Sam is willing to help.

I have always had great experiences with Q customer service....no complaints (yet) from me.

Good luck!!!

"People with closed hearts will always feel as though they are at war with the world." ~My friend Nancy
Esteemed Contributor

I had the same issue with the 7" luminara candles that I ordered probably around the same time. Cannot remember the item number. There were four with remotes. They had a strong scent and my dh walked in the door from work and said "what smells"? He's extremely sensitive to scents. Anyway, I let them sit out and the scent dissipated eventually. There was no mention in the presentation about them being scented.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Frequent Contributor

I got attitude and rudeness the other day as well.  I was concerned about stock running out for an exchange because the item I ordered has been very popular and has been selling out.  I was concerned that by the time QVC processed my return (QVC is always slow) and attempted to send me out the item for exchange the item would have sold out. I expressed my concern to the customer service representative. I was hoping that after all the money and business I have given QVC that QVC would just send me out another size for replacement and not charge for the return shipping and original shipping costs.  She cut me off and wouldn't let me even express my issue.  I had to ask her to let me speak.  I was very respectful and polite to her the entire time.  She did not seem to care and told me there was nothing she could do.  HSN will always do this for their customers and I have never been treated rudely by them when having to do an exchange.  Needless to say, I was not happy at all when I was finished and felt the same way in thinking I was done with QVC.

Valued Contributor

For the OP:

Last year, I purchased a set of brown Luminara for the fall. I watched the video, read and re-read the description to see if there was any scent. Nothing was mentioned. I didn't think brown candles would have a vanilla scent, but they did when they arrived! I'm okay with a little scent because it will dissipate, but these were overly, heavy scented vanilla and my eyes were teary and I have a somewhat open family room/kitchen/etc. so there was plenty of room for the scent to spread, and it did and wouldn't go away! I use tart warmers with different scents, and not one has come close with the heaviness of scent in those brown candles. 

I called customer service, and she graciously agreed, the candles should not be scented if not mentioned, and I sent them back and all charges were full refunded. I know this is last year and maybe it's different CS people by now, but if it isn't disclosed about the scent, it's on them, not you.

I wonder if someone at the factory has a heavy hand with the vanilla at times when mixing up a batch of wax.

Trusted Contributor

There was only one time that I encountered a bit of rudeness.  I was buying something over the phone, talking to a CS rep, and she started complaining that she couldn't afford this and that, and didn't get paid well, yada, yada, yada.  Needless to say, I couldn't wait to get off the phone.😞

Honored Contributor

@sam96 wrote:

I ordered the following CIJ item:

H205859 Set of 4 Luminara 5" Flameless Ivory Candles with 4 Remotes

They arrived, I intended 2 as gifts, to someone that has issues with scented products.  Plus I wanted unscented candles myself.  They are vanilla scented!

Nowhere in the description or during the presentation was this ever mentioned. The video online isn't the presentation I watched, and I haven't watched that video entirely, so I don't know if they have since corrected this.

I called to inquire about this discrepancy, and was immediately met with rudeness and hostility.  She said I could return it, but I needed to do so in the next 10 days!

When I asked what to mark on the return form, she said "does not meet expectations", and when I asked about shipping she said I'd be responsible for shipping since they weren't defective.

I reiterated that the scented issue was never disclosed either online or during the live presentation, and she said it didn't matter!

I've never been met with such hostility when questioning about a complete and clear nondisclosure of a pertinent item fact before.

She said I ordered ivory and that's what I got, and I said no...I got Vanilla-scented ivory candles!  She wouldn't budge.😡

I'm on the verge of just boxing up everything, canceling the 1-2 pending orders I have, and just being done with the Q.

Is this really how they're treating customers now?  I've taken a long break from ordering, and only have been placing a few orders recently, so I'm out of the loop!

I totaly agree re the "odor" not being mentioined on air or in the description, and due to this fact, you absolutely do NOT have to pay return mailing.  Send a letter to the higher powers, but first, talk to another customer service representative, as usually when something like this happenes to me, if I call back, my issue is resolved.

I was so annoyed when I ordered Luminara last year and the candles arrived with an "odor," not a scent, and it in no way resembles vanilla.  It is false advertising, at the least, for the Luminara rep not to mention this in the shows, and QVC's falut for not mentioning it on the description page.

Trusted Contributor

I had received my Luminara candles in taller size. Was thrilled to obtain Ivory.Hadty opened the box. Been hectic summer .Well when I opened the box I could def smell the vanilla. I purchased because each host said ivory. Did not  mention vanilla scent!! Called CS and the young lady, Name Janet, could not have been nicer. She checked her information and told me that it did not state vanilla scented. They would pay for returnpostage. She could not have been more considerate or nicer. I wouldn't want a job as a CS person for anything. It is not the fault of CS that information not received.Putting up with cutomers complaints daily must be a real headache.