Respected Contributor

@NicksmomESQwrote:

@puttypiesmomwrote:

@Pearleewrote:

@ms traditionalwrote:

advisor to many presidents, admired by Martin Luther King, they say he preached to over 215 million people - and never a hint of scandal.  

@ms traditional    Well.....I read this on the NBC News website:

"Still, Graham's reputation was not without controversy. It was rumored in the 1990s that he had been caught on tape agreeing with anti-Semitic comments made by then-President Richard Nixon during the Watergate scandal. Graham vehemently denied that he had, until the tapes were made public in 2002.

The Jewish ''stranglehold has got to be broken or the country's going down the drain,'' Graham said, according to a 2002 New York Times article. Graham, 83 at the time, apologized for the remarks."

Maybe he can have that conversation with Jesus when he reaches the pearly gates.  Unbelievably stupid of the man. 

I don’t trust a person who says one thing in private & another in public.And when he gets caught he apologizes. The apology was to save face. I believe he spoke his true heart when he thought he wouldn’t get caught!!  JMO

@NicksmomESQ

i included in my response above comments about his life regarding Israel, attitude toward conversion,  etc  after 1972.

i myself believe less in people's words (because i know no one who hasn't regretted something said at one time or another), and more in how they act which is why i added facts about actions in the last 40 years.

i also believe in change of heart. i grew up in the South - and have a Christian and Jewish background. i have seen so much change in people and people's attitudes in all those groups over the last 40-50 years.

and i can certainly say that a lot of what people thought was correct in the 1970's they would not subscribe to now. on sooooooo many subjects.

and i try not to be judgmental of anyone but myself.

Valued Contributor

@chessyladywrote:

It is too bad that his son has politicized religion instead of trying to remain neutral as his father did.

Totally disagree with your statement.  Franklin is following in his Father's footsteps and doing a wonderful job!  I find it very sad how many today are bashing his legacy and family.  Sad.

Valued Contributor

Please do not discredit a wonderful human being.  If we were perfect, we would not be on this earth.  This person was humble and brought nothing but love.  We continue to honor people by giving them a special, who have many blemishes.  Rev Graham was a man of God.  I don't know about the son and won't comment.

Honored Contributor

Re: Billy Graham has died

[ Edited ]

What an unbelieveable man.  The world has lost a saint on earth.

If you have never seen his beautiful training center, "The Cove" nesteled in the mountains of W NC, the link is below.  Montreat, NC is also a precious little community made from native river rock.

http://www.thecove.org/

Steps-to-Peace-Featured-960x800.jpg

QVC Customer Care
Esteemed Contributor

@ms traditional  You are certainly entitled to your opinion. We are going to have to agree to disagree on this one!!  I will personally never see him in any other light!! 

Honored Contributor

@physicsnutwrote:

@chessyladywrote:

It is too bad that his son has politicized religion instead of trying to remain neutral as his father did.

Totally disagree with your statement.  Franklin is following in his Father's footsteps and doing a wonderful job!  I find it very sad how many today are bashing his legacy and family.  Sad.

@physicsnut

No, Franklin is not.  My father and I worked with Billy Graham when I was young.  Franklin is nothing like his father.

Esteemed Contributor

@jubilant   I’m sure there are Rabbi’s who have forgiven him for political reasons.They don’t speak for all of us. I have friends & relatives who are Rabbi’s & they disagree with you.

Valued Contributor

Really enjoyed reading these forms but here lately between not knowing all the facts and discussing murders, on a different board, I have to rethink reading.  Billy Graham KNEW The Jewish people are God's chosen.  The man, if understood, never allowed any praise of himself.  He knew he was a sinner saved by grace.  IF he miss spoke and corrected it why wouldn't it be accepted.  He was God's man, not perfect but certainly presented God's Word so we could know truth and choose what we wanted to do with it.

Honored Contributor

@matty lizwrote:

Really enjoyed reading these forms but here lately between not knowing all the facts and discussing murders, on a different board, I have to rethink reading.  Billy Graham KNEW The Jewish people are God's chosen.  The man, if understood, never allowed any praise of himself.  He knew he was a sinner saved by grace.  IF he miss spoke and corrected it why wouldn't it be accepted.  He was God's man, not perfect but certainly presented God's Word so we could know truth and choose what we wanted to do with it.

@matty liz

The issue is that he did not misspeak.  He did not apologize until a tape of what he said to Nixon came out years later.

I hope he did have a change of heart at some point.