Honored Contributor

Don't think this was posted yet, but the FDA has a huge list of frozen food (mostly fruits and veggies) that have been recalled because of possible problems with Listeria. It includes Walmart's house brand and a lot of other brands.

Sorry, don't know how to post the link, and I'm sure someone else will come on and do so. Just google it or check the FDA website.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the info. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

I wonder how many more food recalls (not to mention pet food recalls) we have to have?

It doesn't seem there's much of any control over what is being sold to the American consumer nowadays.

Honored Contributor

I think I saw this yesterday -  with Trader Joe's and Costco mentioned as possible sources.  I didn't see the whole story, but I did check to be certain I don't have anything frozen from those chains.  Safe so far.

Esteemed Contributor

FDA link here:

Frozen Food Recall

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Esteemed Contributor

Gosh, it is a TON of brands! I've probably eaten some of the recalled foods, ugh. Still healthy!

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Trusted Contributor

We received an automated call today from Costco stating that several of the frozen organic vegtables they sell are in this recall. Apparently, we purchased one of them. Haven't eaten any and will return to Costco per their request. The list is available on their website.

F/N/A luvstogarden
Honored Contributor

Thanks @MaggieMack for posting a link.

It is a HUGE list.

My mom called me and mentioned it, and I was glad to know and post here, because I'm headed to the grocery tomorrow, and need some frozen peas.

Hopefully everything has been pulled for store shelves, but we need to check the list and our freezers to be safe!

Respected Contributor

Thank you for posting and Maggie thanx for the link!

Honored Contributor

Wow!  I don't often buy frozen veggies, but I did scan the list and see that the TJ's petite peas and corn are on the list.  I have bought those in the past.

There are so many products....I'll bet millions of customers will be affected by this recall.