Honored Contributor

Do you have a romantic history?

[ Edited ]

Or are you a one-man woman?  (Something in another thread prompted this post.) 

I had one high school love whom I saw one time a few years ago.  I loved him dearly and still think about him. 

I had two husbands, one of whom just died this past January.  He was the father of my four children.  I was only married to the second one for two years and we had no children.

Then I dated a lot (almost all casually) from 1975 through 1982 when I had a long relationship for ten-twelve years.  After that ended in the early 90s, I never dated again and never missed it.

I only think of three of them these days.  My first love, my first husband, and my last relationship. 

How about you?

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

Re: Do you have a romantic history?

I never had a huge interest in dating; I saw it as time wasted that I couldn't get back.   On my first date, I slapped the boy, and was back home within an hour.   I knew exactly what I was looking for, and married him when I was 19.   We are polar opposites, but get along very well and have been married 41 years.   

Respected Contributor

One of my favorite movies, A Bronx Tale, a character says that we get 3 great ones. Meaning 3 big loves of one's life. This is true for me.
Honored Contributor

I do, because I don't 'kiss and tell'.

Honored Contributor

@PhilaLady1 wrote:
One of my favorite movies, A Bronx Tale, a character says that we get 3 great ones. Meaning 3 big loves of one's life. This is true for me.

Wow!  I guess that's true for me too!

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Respected Contributor

I've been with the same guy since I was 15 and I'm going to be 60 this week.  Been married 42 years next month.  Boring I guess, but we've been happy.  Not romantic at all.  LOL

Honored Contributor

@mima wrote:

I've been with the same guy since I was 15 and I'm going to be 60 this week.  Been married 42 years next month.  Boring I guess, but we've been happy.  Not romantic at all.  LOL

Beg to differ MIMA.  That sounds very romantic to me!!

Formerly Ford1224
Honored Contributor

No, I guess I went on a few dates with other guys but my husband is the love of my life. I knew on the first date that he was exactly the man I wanted to spend my life with for a lifetime. We are married now over forty years and I love him more now than ever. I am a one man woman.

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

No, I guess I went on a few dates with other guys but my husband is the love of my life. I knew on the first date that he was exactly the man I wanted to spend my life with for a lifetime. We are married now over forty years and I love him more now than ever. I am a one man woman.

How wonderful for you both!!

Formerly Ford1224
Honored Contributor

@LilacTree wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

How wonderful for you both!!

Thanks, Lilac. I have had my share of adversity in life but I have been blessed with a good marriage.