Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@I am still oxox wrote:

Eww eww eww why would any one want to buy pre filled bagel, which is delivered by the US Mail. Granted I am spoiled, I live in Suburban NYC and I have 4 bagel places in a 2 mile radius.

@I am still oxox   

I know !!!     Buying pre-filled bagels sounds disgusting!   Ewwwww!

Ditto on that! We don't even have a lot of bagel places around here, and I think pre-filled bagels sounds disgusting too. Woman Tongue

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Valued Contributor

OT:  @Zenyoga, I love your Robert Frost quote.  Truer words were never spoken.

Honored Contributor

@sophiamarie 

@sophiamarie wrote:

@Yardlie  You are probably right.  I haven't had a NY bagel since the year of the flood and have never heard of Bruegger's, so times have changed since my New York (Bronx) days.....  I cannot imagine buying food online though.  As long as hubby and I can still drive, my food shopping is mostly Publix.  The thought of buying bagels with filling, is just too much for me to take in.......Yesterday, I bought Philadelphia cream cheese in four different flavors and my husband has a bagel and cream cheese every morning.  He wanted to try the different flavors and wasn't too fond of it.  So, it's back to Publix brand cream cheese again.

I still don't know the difference between Thomas' mini bagels and the online bagels which cost a small fortune.

I grew up in the Bronx (1960/70's) Saturday night ritual was to go to the bagel store on Jerome ave near Burnside

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

Eww eww eww why would any one want to buy pre filled bagel, which is delivered by the US Mail. Granted I am spoiled, I live in Suburban NYC and I have 4 bagel places in a 2 mile radius.

I am with you. I can count at least 4 bagel shops within 2 miles of me in NJ. We are spoiled!!!

Honored Contributor

@sophiamarie wrote:

What is the difference between these and Thomas' Mini bagels (the 1 lb. bag) that can be bought in local supermarkets?

They're baked fresh with no preservatives? I think Sara Lee mini bagels, for example, are very blah-tasting. Never have liked Thomas' English muffins, prefer Bays, which are fresh & need to be refrigerated.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

@sophiamarie wrote:

@Yardlie  You are probably right.  I haven't had a NY bagel since the year of the flood and have never heard of Bruegger's, so times have changed since my New York (Bronx) days.....  I cannot imagine buying food online though.  As long as hubby and I can still drive, my food shopping is mostly Publix.  The thought of buying bagels with filling, is just too much for me to take in.......Yesterday, I bought Philadelphia cream cheese in four different flavors and my husband has a bagel and cream cheese every morning.  He wanted to try the different flavors and wasn't too fond of it.  So, it's back to Publix brand cream cheese again.

I still don't know the difference between Thomas' mini bagels and the online bagels which cost a small fortune.

I don't know either. I've had Thomas' mini bagels, and they don't begin to compare to Bruegger's. We don't have an actual bagel shop in our little town, but I pick up Bruegger's when I go to the Twin Cities...bring them back and freeze them. There is definitely a huge difference between Bruegger's and Big Apple bagels which are in the Twin Cities also. I wouldn't pay what they want for those online bagels though...especially the thought of eating one that is pre-filled. Gross!

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Honored Contributor

@Marp wrote:

@Moonchilde, look into Thomas' Bagel Thins.  They aren't fantastic but work well when you just want a bit.  They come in a variety of flavors and since they are pre-sliced you can even opt to just have the top or bottom.

Thank you for the suggestion, @Marp. I have found that the very thinly sliced "bagels" aren't what I would call bagels. They aren't cooked the same, don't look or taste like genuine bagels. I haven't cared for them. 

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is becoming argumentative

Esteemed Contributor

I buy them in their store on Bleecker St. In NY .  I like them ,DH doesn't but he's not much of a bagel person.  It's amazing how filling they are.  ONe usually fills me.  It's like eating the crustiest part of the bagel with the cream cheese.

I'm going to order them from the Q because I want to try different flavors and I like the idea of having them conveniently in the freezer. Hope you enjoy your order.

Honored Contributor

I need my eyes examined.  You wrote Bantam Bagels.  I saw Batman Bangles. 

People, I need your to pray fo me.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise