Honored Contributor

Love it.  My only issue with Walmart is selection but I'm sure they'll improve.

I've actually discovered Target which ships free at $25 and their delivery is really quick.  They did next day at Christmas which I did not pay for and then my last order was at my door in 3 days.

I've also done pick up at store which could not have been handled better after two disasters at Walmart and Toys R Us who apparently just didn't want my money and never responded to my order.  

Honored Contributor

Thanks for the info. I just ordered  2 22lb. Sacks of pet food, free shipping. I have prime and  I love it for many reasons, but I would never get this order for the same price at Amazon. It is one more online resource and that is a good thing.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because of the link to a retail site

Respected Contributor

I shop Walmart but given the option of Walmart vs Amazon on any given day unless there was a significant difference I would choose Amazon.

Walmart CS and the way they refuse to give benefits to employees and keep them at the # of hours that are not required does it for me. I don't put my money where my mouth is and not shop there but they need to learn a few lessons.

That and a few other things they show/do on orientation turns me off..some people need a job so they deal. 

My SIL worked full time as a Dept Mgr..and her bonus and that of the dept was based on returns/sales/damages..well she was not allowed to tell the people who opened up all the products not to do that..so the dept had to write it off..and that meant less $$ for them...Although you would think people would not need to be told that..but some don't care..and don't realize that ultimately it affects all of us..

Ironically as I write this..an email popped up on my screen from Walmart announcing the policy LOL...

Honored Contributor

I hope it works out for them, but my last, supposed, 2 day shipment from Walmart (I get an OTC med there that I seldom find anywhere else and it's not at the store anymore), took 9 days.

In all seriousness, though, anybody who is going to survive the market needs to do what they can do to be competitive.    I would still choose Amazon a million times over Walmart, but it's what suits my needs the best.  YMMV and that's cool.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

If you're not a Prime member, you can get free Amazon shipping if you spend $49.

@ValuSkr Only if you want to wait on your order. I find with Amazon if you are not a Prime Member their shipping is slowwwwwwwwwwww. I can get my stuff for less + faster ordering thru Wal-Mart.

Amazon has sellers selling things at ridiculous prices which Amazon should not let them jack up their prices like that. If you don't know any better you will pay more then you need to.

Honored Contributor

@Pook wrote:

I really don't think Amazon has much to worry about!!!  Prime isn't just about shipping and most who have it want and use those other benefits.

@Pook I'm not a Prime Member & not sure what all you get for that. DH checked it out & said all the movies I would want to watch you still have to pay $5-$6 per movie. I thought you were suppose to be able to watch all these movies free? I'm not paying that yearly fee + have to pay to watch the movies I want to watch.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@febe1 wrote:

Walmart has stepped up and is offering free S&H and TWO DAY DELIVERY with $35. purchase PLUS no annual fee! 

probably just to lure you in.... it will not be for ever.  But, for the time being it is a good deal!

@SeaMaiden They have had a certain dollar amount for for free shipping for a long time. They just reduced it to $35 to compete with Amazon. I'm sure at some point that $35 will go up. I think it used to be $50. I have used it many times. I like to order large amounts of toilet paper & paper towels so I don't have to lug them home. I hate running to the store because we ran out of tp. LOL!!!

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

@ValuSkr wrote:

If you're not a Prime member, you can get free Amazon shipping if you spend $49.

@ValuSkr Only if you want to wait on your order. I find with Amazon if you are not a Prime Member their shipping is slowwwwwwwwwwww. I can get my stuff for less + faster ordering thru Wal-Mart.

Amazon has sellers selling things at ridiculous prices which Amazon should not let them jack up their prices like that. If you don't know any better you will pay more then you need to.

I don't mind waiting.  I've always gotten my stuff in a week at most, or five business days.  Nothing wrong with that.  What's the rush.

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

Love it.  My only issue with Walmart is selection but I'm sure they'll improve.

I've actually discovered Target which ships free at $25 and their delivery is really quick.  They did next day at Christmas which I did not pay for and then my last order was at my door in 3 days.

I've also done pick up at store which could not have been handled better after two disasters at Walmart and Toys R Us who apparently just didn't want my money and never responded to my order.  

@Laura14 I also found Target ships a $25 purchase free a while back. I use it when they have the best price for what I'm looking for. I guess you save more with their red card but I don't have one. We don't have a Target in our area.