Honored Contributor

I just placed an order through Amazon Prime for five items.  Today is Thursday, and all are scheduled to be delivered Tuesday, which is four USPS days away.  Amazon Prime is supposed to be (and used to be) two day shipping.  This is ridiculous.  I don't want to give up my Amazon Prime, but don't understand why they do this.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Call & ask them!

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

@NickNack

I have been having the same problem for months now.  I have called them several times and each time I get a different answer.  I have been told that it depends on my local post office, also the town that I live in, depends if it comes from their warehouse or some where else.  My daughter lives 2 towns away and gets hers on time and also gets deliveries on Sundays.  I have never received anything ordered on Prime in the 2 days.....usually 4.

Honored Contributor

I just had the exact same thing happen and am chatting with someone in CS about it now. It says Prime on the order page, Prime in my cart, but only removed Prime when I clicked Check Out.

That's a bait and switch and I am complaining.

Honored Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

I just had the exact same thing happen and am chatting with someone in CS about it now. It says Prime on the order page, Prime in my cart, but only removed Prime when I clicked Check Out.

That's a bait and switch and I am complaining.

I'd be interested in hearing what their CS said to you about this.  I sent them an e-mail.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

The answer I received was that it was an error and the item should not have been marked Prime and the website was not updated.

She sent it to the tech team to fix, but was unable to get my item to me in 2 days because it was not in a warehouse that does the Prime shipping. She told me that there were some similar items that were Prime and I could cancel my order and submit one fo those items instead, but I explained those were not the items I wanted.

My item was a $6 USB cable, so nothing I need urgently that I'm going to escalate over. But I also let her know that this happened to someone else and that I will be warning my friends not to complete a Prime order without checking the date at checkout, because Amazon Prime tags on items cannot be trusted and told her that's a real problem that makes me feel like I'm being cheated.

This is the only time it's happened to me, but if it happens again, I will definitely escalate. In the meantime, I did post the issue on Facebook. 

Honored Contributor

@ChynnaBlue I've noticed that often times the ETA date is not actually populating until AFTER the order is placed! Totally sneaky, imo. And they also list some items as Prime but then put a caveat in the listing that it may need an additional 1-2 days processing time. Well, then, it should not be listed as Prime because Prime should be 2 business days period. I don't get it, some places they are now offering same day delivery but they can't seem to fulfill the basic 2 day promise to many anymore!

Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@ChynnaBlue I've noticed that often times the ETA date is not actually populating until AFTER the order is placed! Totally sneaky, imo. And they also list some items as Prime but then put a caveat in the listing that it may need an additional 1-2 days processing time. Well, then, it should not be listed as Prime because Prime should be 2 business days period. I don't get it, some places they are now offering same day delivery but they can't seem to fulfill the basic 2 day promise to many anymore!

That's the exact same thing I thought, @HappyDaze. I'd high five you if it were something positive, but I'm too annoyed. Smiley Wink

Esteemed Contributor

Sometimes I get things super fast- like the next day ! Sometimes it's a bit slower, a few days at most. I figure it's a lot faster than most websites (without having to pay $$$ for next day). Prime offers many other benefits that I let the couple days slide, I don't need anything THAT fast (usually!). One example- I returned a set of stainless huggie hoop earrings Monday and within an hour I had my credit!!! $0 return fee as well.

I've only had to call their cs a few times over the years - I get mixed replies to the same scenario. But if you get a good cs rep or ask for a Manager,  they  go out of their way to make whatever 'right'.

Esteemed Contributor

Amazon has the very best CS I have ever delt with............

If you have aproblem let them know about it..............