Esteemed Contributor

The eta is noted on the checkout screen-  many times I get offers for credits towards prime pantry or other services  if I extend my delivery date. Most often I go for it!

Honored Contributor

Thanks for letting me know what CS said @ChynnaBlue.  I won't hear from my e-mail as quickly I'm sure.  I'll report back on what they say to me.  My order was five completely different items, so it would be hard to give me the same reason that they gave you.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@Ibby114 wrote:

The eta is noted on the checkout screen-  many times I get offers for credits towards prime pantry or other services  if I extend my delivery date. Most often I go for it!

no not always. Sometimes it is only noted after I place an order. Probably depends on the items but it is sneaky when it is isn't at time of check out. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Amazon Prime

[ Edited ]

I'm the OP, and this is the reply I just received from Amazon.  I've taken out the links that were included in the reply.  This was a nice letter, and I appreciate the upgraded shipping.  I don't agree with how they are now calculating two-day shipping though.  This isn't always the way it is, though, and it doesn't seem like it ever used to be this way.  Edited to add:  I just checked my account for the upgraded one day shipping.  It's now scheduled to be delivered on Monday instead of Tuesday.  That doesn't seem like one day shipping to me, but I guess from their way of calculating it is.  Oh well.

Hello,

I apologize for any misunderstanding about the delivery estimate for your order.

When you choose One-Day or Two-Day delivery, we factor in days when express pick up and delivery is not available (e.g., weekends and holidays) to provide you with an estimated delivery date.

I'd like to inform you that, an Order placed on Thursday via Two-Day delivery will be shipped by Friday and normally arrive on Tuesday. However, packages may be delivered on Saturdays and Sundays in certain areas and the option to select delivery on those days may appear during checkout.

We'll display the estimated delivery date on the final screen of the order form at checkout, and on the order summary located in Your Account so you know when to expect your package.

I'd like to get your order to you faster to help make up for the delay, so I've upgraded the shipping method to One-Day Shipping. There's no additional charge for this.

A detailed summary of your adjusted order can be found here:

The Saturday delivery option for Prime members is only offered for eligible items shipping to select ZIP codes within the contiguous United States. If an item and shipping address qualify for Saturday delivery, you'll see that option on the item's detail page or in the Shopping Cart during checkout.

You can read more about Prime on our Help pages:

One of the benefits we try very hard to offer our customers is convenience. I'm very sorry for the inconvenience you experienced.

Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated.​

​We look forward to seeing you again soon.​​

We'd appreciate your feedback. Please use the links below to tell us about your experience today.

Best regards,

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

I just received an order from Amazon that should have been here on Tuesday (today is Thursday).  I have ordered this before and it always gets here in two days.

However I assume because of the snowstorm that has crippled the East Coast, everything shipped from there or to there was delayed.  No big deal!

Esteemed Contributor

Our Keurig recently died one morning.  I placed an Amazon order at 11:30 a.m. and received a new coffee pot at 5:30 p.m. that SAME day.  

And can I just say I love Amazon Restaurant--order and pay through Amazon and dinner from local restaurants is delivered in 20-30 minutes.  

Super Contributor

If I order

early Thursday, I get the package Saturday

early Friday, I get the package Sunday

early Saturday, I get the package Tuesday

early Sunday, I get the package Wednesday

Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday orders normally take 2 days

UPS delivers them if they are coming from an Amazon warehouse

♥chocolate lover ♦ audiobook junkie♥
Valued Contributor

I have been a Prime subscriber for many years. I have noticed that when you place the order, there is a box now asking if you would like to acccept 4-5 day shipping for a $5 credit to the pantry. Is it possible that you inadvertantly checked that box? This seems to be a relatively new thing, and it has been popping up on my check-out screen, already checked for the past few months. I have had to uncheck it to select 2 day shipping.  If that isn't it, then do call them and express your displeasure. We pay for 2 day shipping and definitely should get it. I have ordered several things over the last month and everything has arrived in the 2 day timeframe. I hope you get this fixed.

“The price of light is less than the cost of darkness.”
– Arthur C. Nielsen
Respected Contributor

I've been using Prime more and more lately. I've always gotten mine in two days. I've also had good luck when ordering non Prime items. One said it wouldn't ship for two weeks and I got it in four days. I wonder if they are hoping you will expedite shipping??

Honored Contributor

@Nicknack wrote:

I just placed an order through Amazon Prime for five items.  Today is Thursday, and all are scheduled to be delivered Tuesday, which is four USPS days away.  Amazon Prime is supposed to be (and used to be) two day shipping.  This is ridiculous.  I don't want to give up my Amazon Prime, but don't understand why they do this.

Prime guarantees 2-day SHIPPING TIME. They sometimes have no control, with a third-party vendor, on how many days it will take until it's ready to ship.  A company might take 3 days to get the item to where Amazon needs it to be, or to get it ready to be shipped. That is not part of the Prime guarantee. Prime guarantees that once it's shipped it will arrive in 2 days.

I ordered three items yesterday. One of them is coming from an Amazon warehouse and will be here tomorrow - 2 days. One item is from a third party vendor and needed one extra prep/retrieval day and will be here Saturday. A third item required still another day's prep and will arrive Monday.

People assume that the 2-Day thing is whatever you order, it'll be at your house 2 days after you order it. This is not necessarily true, and never has been true.  It's 2-day shipping, not 2 days from the time of hitting Purchase. It depends on where what you're ordering needs to come from and what their prep time is.

I think that the reason people are noticing it more is because there are many more third-party vendors shipping direct now, and not as many thins coming straight from Amazon warehouses.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all