Respected Contributor

I have done several as gifts through the mail.  There is probably a coupon deal for first membership.

Esteemed Contributor

I've been driving for 53 years and have always been a member AAA. Another advantage to being a member: When u need a bodyshop for repairs -- best to go to one with the AAA sign. If u feel that the bodyshop didn't do a good job or overcharged --- AAA will handle it. Also, if u need to go to the DMV - AAA will take care of it.

After u join, you'll receive a booklet with all the beneifts, ie, discounts for certain restaurants, hotels, Disneyland, etc. 

If the AAA member is a passenger in a vehicle that has problems, the passenger could call AAA.

I don't drive much now - but I'll always keep my membership.

I'm sure it's safe to join on-line.

Honored Contributor

we have several AAA stores close by and some offer auto repair and tires.

i like going into the store when i am traveling. i can pick up tour books for free that are updated yearly. i can go in and rent a car via AAA with discounts. they also have a nice selection of travel supplies for purchase.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

I have been a member for years. I think it's a great gift, and it gives peace of mind. You can do it on line, or over the telephone with a rep. Both are safe, and fast.

Honored Contributor

I just used my AAA last week, had a flat tire, worth every penny, had it since forever. I would buy on line if it was directly from their site. 

Honored Contributor

Re: AAA Question

[ Edited ]

The store also has its own bank where you can get forign $$$$.  They will even tell you when it's a good time to "convert."  They will call you at home to let you know.

@kivah"if u need to go to the DMV - AAA will take care of it."

Like what?   confused.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

Having an AAA policy is an important safety feature for all drivers.  We have been members almost 40 years and cannot count how many times AAA has towed the cars, jumped the batteries or changed the tires (once at ten degrees below zero on the turnpike when I was driving by myself!).

We go to the stores occasionally to look at the travel materials, but we do all transactions by mail or online.

We would never be without our AAA memberships!