Esteemed Contributor

Re: 55+ Retirement Communities

On 3/16/2015 Stella Dallas said:

No, not really. I like living where I am, in a neighborhood that has everyone and everything. Being stuck with nothing but older people would be incredibly boring. I like the sound of kids playing, the neighbors working on their houses, chatting with my neighbors (of all kinds), etc.

Although I do like the idea of not having to do my own housework or prepare my own meals; that sounds like heaven but it's not enough to get me into a senior housing development.

I never even thought about the gossip (no privacy) part; that would send me around the bend pretty quickly.

Wow! This community is more active than you can imagine! The retired people retire here to enjoy life, not wait to die! Come spend a week with me and try to keep up with them!

Honored Contributor

Re: 55+ Retirement Communities

On 3/15/2015 homedecor1 said:
On 3/15/2015 HHC1 said:

Special note about the 55 plus communities....Not sure where you fall in this age group or whether it matters to you, But, the majority of residents in these communities are 70 & above.

So true ... they just sent us a community survey average age of resident 79! 67% are snowbirds.

That sound like a lot of fun.