Honored Contributor

Re: 2018 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Nominees

[ Edited ]

spider woman, below, see the evidence of the British love for Frankie Valli:

UK 2017 TOUR - FAN CLUB GET TOGETHERS

Frankie Valli and Band

Well, it is nearly time for the UK Tour and Frankie Valli is now in the UK.  Below are details of the fan club get togethers that have been arranged. 

Birmingham - Thursday 20 April - Venue Change - Please see below:

Meet up from 6.00 p.m. before the show and again after the show at Crowne Plaza hotel bar.

Crowne Plaza Birmingham NEC

Pendigo Way National Exhibition Centre, Birmingham - B40 1PS, United Kingdom 

We were originally going to meet up at the Genting Hotel but we will now be at the Crowne Plaza which I believe is just a short walk away from the Arena.

Bournemouth – Friday 21 April 

Meet up from 6.00 p.m. before the show and again after the show at The Highcliff Marriott Hotel Lounge Bar.

London – Sunday 23 April 

Meet up from 6.00 p.m. at Bar One at the 02 and again after the show

Leeds – Wednesday 26 April 

Meet up from 6.00 p.m. in the bar area at the Radisson Blue Hotel, Leeds and again after the show

Manchester – Thursday 27 April 

Meet up in the bar at the Park Inn By Radisson Manchester City Centre which is directly opposite the Arena. As this is the last show of the UK tour we will try and arrange to meet up after the show or back at the hotel.

Looking forward to seeing you all again. If anyone has any queries then please let me know.

Concert Dates Are:

Thursday 20th April - Birmingham Genting Arena

Friday 21st April - Bournemouth BIC

Sunday 23rd April - London - The O2 Arena

Tuesday 25th April – Edinburgh Playhouse 

Wednesday 26th April - Leeds First Direct Arena

Thursday 27th April - Manchester Arena

LAST PERFORMANCE OF JERSEY BOYS, LONDON 

The last show was on Sunday 26 March at 5.00 p.m.  A very emotional experience. The good news is that the second national UK tour will begin in December at the New Alexandra Theatre in Birmingham – what a nice Christmas present! For updates click here: 

Jersey Boys

THE TOUR SEASONS

The second national UK tour of Jersey Boys kicks off at the New Alexandra Theatre in Birmingham on the 16 December (until the 6 January 2018) and tickets can be booked here:

The tour will also visit Liverpool (9 to 20 January); Milton Keynes (23 January to     3 February); Stoke (6 to 17 February); Hull (20 February to 3 March); Sunderland (20 to 31 March) and Glasgow (3 to 14 April).   Further dates and venues to be announced.

The music continues to live on.

Edited: I just removed links to venues and tickets.

Valued Contributor

Have always and will always love The Moody Blues.

One Christmas, in the seventies, I was driving my car and listening to my favorite radio station out of Boston, WBCN.  It was snowing and I was slowly making my way to a Christmas party.  They played "December Will Be Magic Again" by Kate Bush.   It was magical.  It was so unique. 

I would put Kate on my list as well. 

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
Esteemed Contributor

I voted just a while ago for 5 of them. I record the rock and roll hall of fame shows every year and save them. 

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Ibby114 wrote:

@mistriTsquirrel wrote:

I would love to see Radiohead and Depeche Mode in.  Surprised some of those on the list aren't already in.

@mistriTsquirrel 'Creep' is one of my favorite songs! It speaks to everyone, on some level. 

@Ibby114  "Creep" is one of their most famous songs, but they have other songs that I find more...intense?  Not sure if that's the best word.  I do like the song, though.

I'm surprised that Rage Against the Machine is nominated, but not Nine Inch Nails.  That's just bizarre to me.

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Esteemed Contributor

It finally let me vote.

Finally.

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee

Thank you for posting this.  I'm stunned that I didn't realize the selection was open to a public vote!  I always thought it was a board or group that did the selecting.

I was also shocked to learn the Moody Blues were not already inducted.

Have seen them as a group and seen Justin H. in a small venue with only his guitar.  Sigh. 

I told DH I would leave him in a minute if I got the sign from Justin Cat LOL

Super Contributor

Why is LL Cool J nominated?  He does rap and R&B.

How does this relate to rock and roll?

Valued Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

It's about time....the Moody Blues have been nominated.  They should have been inducted a very long time ago. I will be voting for them - definitely. In fact, I like several of the nominees very much this time. 

From an email I received:  Cast your vote now! Starting today and continuing through December 5, 2017, fans can visit [link given - will not post link because this thread may then be zapped by the Mods]  to cast votes for who they believe is most deserving of Induction into the Rock Hall. The top five artists, as selected by the public, will comprise a "fans' ballot" that will be tallied along with the other ballots to choose the 2018 inductees. Fans will need to login with a Facebook account or email to vote. Voting is capped at one ballot per day. 

Here are the 2018 nominees:

The nominees for induction into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame in 2018 are:

• Bon Jovi
  • The Cars
  • Depeche Mode
  • Dire Straits
  • Eurythmics
  • J. Geils Band
  • Judas Priest
  • Kate Bush
  • Link Wray
  • LL Cool J
  • MC5
  • The Meters
  • Moody Blues
  • Nina Simone
  • Radiohead
  • Rage Against The Machine
  • Rufus featuring Chaka Khan
  • Sister Rosetta Tharpe
  • The Zombies

Thanks for sharing this @Pearlee, I just voted! Heart

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hckynut wrote:

@Karie2022 wrote:

The Cars....

@Karie2022

Not only have The Cars music, but also have 3 music videos. Great music!

hckynut(john)

They really were one of a kind....my heart still hurts when I think of Ben Orr...such a talent, died too young. Didn’t even realize he was the big talent in the group, always thought Ocasek sang the lead in all the songs!! 

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Honored Contributor

Love Heart  Lou Christie, too.  'Lightning Strikes', etc., etc.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).