Honored Contributor

2018 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Nominees

It's about time....the Moody Blues have been nominated.  They should have been inducted a very long time ago. I will be voting for them - definitely. In fact, I like several of the nominees very much this time. 

From an email I received:  Cast your vote now! Starting today and continuing through December 5, 2017, fans can visit [link given - will not post link because this thread may then be zapped by the Mods]  to cast votes for who they believe is most deserving of Induction into the Rock Hall. The top five artists, as selected by the public, will comprise a "fans' ballot" that will be tallied along with the other ballots to choose the 2018 inductees. Fans will need to login with a Facebook account or email to vote. Voting is capped at one ballot per day. 

Here are the 2018 nominees:

The nominees for induction into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame in 2018 are:

• Bon Jovi
  • The Cars
  • Depeche Mode
  • Dire Straits
  • Eurythmics
  • J. Geils Band
  • Judas Priest
  • Kate Bush
  • Link Wray
  • LL Cool J
  • MC5
  • The Meters
  • Moody Blues
  • Nina Simone
  • Radiohead
  • Rage Against The Machine
  • Rufus featuring Chaka Khan
  • Sister Rosetta Tharpe
  • The Zombies
Honored Contributor

Re: 2018 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Nominees

Bon Jovi!  Yes, yes, YES!

LL Cool J needs an entry too.

What a shame J Geils is already gone.  

I'm a little conflicted on the Eurythmics.  I think they were more of a big deal in their home country although Annie Lennox is a legend in her own right.  

And Judas Priest!  Remember when the world sued them for the alleged backwards Satanic messages on their album?  I still remember when Tipper Gore and the rest of them lost their minds in the 80s.  

The good old days when the worst threat in the world was an album lyric.  

Honored Contributor

Bon Jovi -without a doubt!

Rufus featuring Chaka Khan

Eurythmics

The Cars or Moody Blues

LL Cool J

Honored Contributor

J Geils Band,  The Cars, Dire Straits, Eurythmics, would get my vote.  Esp J Geils and Dire Straits.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

I hope Depeche Mode get in this year, they were nominated last year and passed over. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee wrote:

It's about time....the Moody Blues have been nominated.  They should have been inducted a very long time ago. I will be voting for them - definitely. In fact, I like several of the nominees very much this time. 

From an email I received:  Cast your vote now! Starting today and continuing through December 5, 2017, fans can visit [link given - will not post link because this thread may then be zapped by the Mods]  to cast votes for who they believe is most deserving of Induction into the Rock Hall. The top five artists, as selected by the public, will comprise a "fans' ballot" that will be tallied along with the other ballots to choose the 2018 inductees. Fans will need to login with a Facebook account or email to vote. Voting is capped at one ballot per day. 

Here are the 2018 nominees:

The nominees for induction into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame in 2018 are:

• Bon Jovi
  • The Cars
  • Depeche Mode
  • Dire Straits
  • Eurythmics
  • J. Geils Band
  • Judas Priest
  • Kate Bush
  • Link Wray
  • LL Cool J
  • MC5
  • The Meters
  • Moody Blues
  • Nina Simone
  • Radiohead
  • Rage Against The Machine
  • Rufus featuring Chaka Khan
  • Sister Rosetta Tharpe
  • The Zombies

@Pearlee I just read about Bon Jovi  being niominated and was stunned they weren't in the HOF yet!! 

Same withThe Moody Blues, I've been  fan forever. I just saw them this last summer at their 50th Anniversary tour. Justin was awesome Heart !!

We have to vote, vote, vote !!! Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

My top five:

Dire Straits

Depeche Mode

Eurythmics

Bon Jovi...as a former Jersey girl how could I note vote for him?

Moody Blues....I agree about them and they bring back memories of high school...Nights in White Satin

Fun thread and I will cast myy vote!Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

My top five:

Dire Straits

Depeche Mode

Eurythmics

Bon Jovi...as a former Jersey girl how could I note vote for him?

Moody Blues....I agree about them and they bring back memories of high school...Nights in White Satin

Fun thread and I will cast myy vote!Smiley Happy

Jersey's in the house!!! Woman LOL Central NJ here (transplated NY'er Woman Happy). 

Respected Contributor

OMG, I have every album that Moody Blues ever released!  There is no bigger fan than me, but I didn't even realize they weren't in the RHF yet!  Not only is their music unique and moving, the lyrics are awsome and really tell some truths!  There are some others that should have have been already inducted, like Bon Jovi and J Geils.......oh and the Cars and Dire Straits! 

Laura loves cats!
Esteemed Contributor

Bon Jovi!!!!

Moody Blues!!!

It’s about time!!!!!!!! 🥂🍾