Honored Contributor

Re: 2018 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Nominees

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@Pearlee

Thank you for posting this.  I'm stunned that I didn't realize the selection was open to a public vote!  I always thought it was a board or group that did the selecting.

I was also shocked to learn the Moody Blues were not already inducted.

Have seen them as a group and seen Justin H. in a small venue with only his guitar.  Sigh. 

I told DH I would leave him in a minute if I got the sign from Justin Cat LOL

@Witchy Woman  LOL about leaving your hub for Justin.  Have you ever seen the English version of This Is Your LIfe do his life?   I have it on video somewhere.   Someone in England who was a big MB fan was tape recording it (VCR days) for  his fans and selling it at cost to them from his home in England for just the price of the blank tape he used to make it and the postage. This guy just wanted his fans in the USA to have a copy and he wasn't interested in making any money off it.   It's good - maybe it's on Youtube somewhere now.

I too saw Justin on one of his solo tours, when his CD (the name escapes me right now) has a side view of his head painted by one of his fans!  In fact, that's when I met him.   A bunch of us stood outside the stage door after his concert waiting for him to come out and we all got to meet him when he did (there weren't that many of us all hanging out there).  He signed a photo of the Moodies for me and it says "To [my name] With Love, Justin."   Be still my heart!  I have it framed on my wall.  I got me some "with love" from him!  Heart   He is a really great songwriter and should be in the  Songwriter's Hall of Fame if he isn't already.

Honored Contributor

Don't forget to vote each day!

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee

I'll be searching on YouTube for the video you mentioned!

How exciting to have "breathed his air."  Cat LOLCat LOL  He was one of those men who was beautiful as a youth and has aged well.  I've always hoped he was the kind of person I imagined him to be (kind, good, compassionate), but must admit to knowing NOTHING about his personal life.  Sometimes it is better that way! 

His music and voice are enough.

I've always wanted to "wait at the stage door" but never had the nerve...or been with my husband Cat LOL

We loved these groups in a different world/time, but they never lost and will never lose their luster and magic.   The music/words/performances beyond compare.

I'm sure every generation feels that way about their music, but I know in my heart it is true about the MB and many others of that time. 

They have the gift.

I saw them at DAR Constitution Hall in Washington, DC, and saw Justin at Ramshead Tavern in Annapolis.  I believe he comes there every now and again, so I'll be looking for his next performance.

Trusted Contributor

I voted, but if I had six votes I'd add BonJovi, but instead chose: THE CARS, DEPECHE MODE, DIRE STRAITS, EURYTHMICS, & LL COOL J. I have at least two CD's of all of these, but own every CD of Depeche Mode. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Witchy Woman  Justin has been married to his wife since the 1960s although let's say she has had to put up with a lot (so I've read) if you get my drift.  They have a daughter, DoReMi  (yes, you read that right, although it's pronounced Dora Me).  He must love music!   His daughter went to college in California; I remember a photo in People mag where Justin was dropping his daughter off at college - can you imagine Parents Weekend and meeting one of the Moody Blues there?  She is now married and I know he has at least one grandchild (maybe more since I've last read about the daughter). 

Graham Edge lives in Bradenton, Fla. of all places.  It abuts Sarasota and when I'm in Sarasota and sometimes dine or go to the supermarkets at places in Bradenton, I'm always on the lookout for him!

Honored Contributor

Moody Blues-Nights in White Satin a classic & favorite

Dire Straits-unique sound

Eurythmics-Annie Lennox has a beautiful voice

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just one of my faves:  The Cars

Fave song by them (& also one of my all-time faves) - "Bye Bye Love" 

Benjamin Orr's gorgeous vocals are extra incredible on this track:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0XKYrGvWPc

Honored Contributor

It's a travesty that the Moody Blues aren't already in the HOF... Otherwise, I'm for Depeche Mode and Dire Straits...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Regular Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

Bon Jovi!!!!

Moody Blues!!!

It’s about time!!!!!!!! 🥂🍾

Agree!!!!

Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@Pearlee

Thank you for posting this.  I'm stunned that I didn't realize the selection was open to a public vote!  I always thought it was a board or group that did the selecting.

I was also shocked to learn the Moody Blues were not already inducted.

Have seen them as a group and seen Justin H. in a small venue with only his guitar.  Sigh. 

I told DH I would leave him in a minute if I got the sign from Justin Cat LOL

@Witchy Woman  Fans were allowed to voted starting in 2012.  The fan vote counts as one ballot with the committe ballots.  So the artists who receive the most fan votes get one ballot added to the committee ballots. 

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh