Trusted Contributor

The Nook Free Friday selection for May 3rd is These Vicious Masks by Tarun Shanker and Kelly Zekas.

These Vicious Masks (These Vicious Masks Series #1)

Jane Austen meets X-Men in this thrilling Victorian adventure full of magic and mysticism, perfect for anyone who loves a confident, rebellious heroine, snappy dialogue, and a hint of romance.

England, 1882. Evelyn is bored with society and its expectations. So when her beloved sister, Rose, mysteriously vanishes, she ignores her parents and travels to London to find her, accompanied by the dashing Mr. Kent. But they're not the only ones looking for Rose. The reclusive, young gentleman Sebastian Braddock is also searching for her, claiming that both sisters have special healing powers. Evelyn is convinced that Sebastian must be mad, until she discovers that his strange tales of extraordinary people are true—and that her sister is in graver danger than she feared.

Chosen by readers like you for Macmillan's young adult imprint Swoon Reads, These Vicious Masks is an action-packed, genre-bending novel by debut authors Tarun Shanker and Kelly Zekas.

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Honored Contributor

Re: Nook Free Friday - May 2024

@Stargazer77 

Hmm ... I don't believe I've ever read anything from this genre or author .... anyone here familiar with this type of fiction?  

Trusted Contributor

The Nook Free Friday selection for May 10th is The Nerd Next Door by Sylvie Stewart.  This week's selection is an audiobook.

The Nerd Next Door: A Friends-to-Lovers Romantic Comedy

New town, new job, new neighbor...new crush.

I've got a serious problem, and it goes by the name of Ted Jones. Even his name is nerdy! Combine that with his glasses, lean runner's frame, crazy smarts, and superhero addiction, and he's got my lady engine revving hard.

What can I say? I've got a thing for hot nerds.

But our shy glances and awkward exchanges in the elevator aren't going to cut it. This nerd is mine; he just doesn't know it yet.

Trusted Contributor

The Nook Free Friday selection for May 17th is A Nose for Mischief by K.T. Lee.

A Nose for Mischief

When materials engineer Zoey Butler lands her dream job at Future State Energy, she believes her research in renewable energy will make headlines. Unfortunately for her, she's right. Zoey is working on her latest experiment when FBI Special Agent Alexis Thompson and her K-9 partner, Waffle, raid Future State and arrest the head of the development for fraud. Zoey helps the FBI find answers in the aftermath, but she soon finds herself jobless and unemployable. Desperate and out of options, she reaches out to Alexis, the one person who knows Zoey was duped like everyone else.

Liam Graham is an FBI special agent and instructor at Riverbend K-9 Academy. When Alexis brings in a new recruit with an unusual background, Liam pairs her up with Tasha, a dog in need of a handler to stay in their competitive program. Zoey is thrilled to put her past behind her and give the mischievous rescue dog her own second chance. However, shortly after she arrives, the FBI realizes the Future State case is far from closed. And Zoey may be the key to solving it.

Zoey offers to go back to Future State to help the FBI end things once and for all. Only this time, she'll have Liam and Tasha for backup. But, the problems at Future State are more explosive than any of them suspect.