Super Contributor

For Fans of Lisa Scottoline Books

I have just finished the newest Lisa Scottoline book "Corrupted" and I think it is her best so far.  It is a really good read and I didn't want to put it down.  If you are a fan of hers, don't miss this one. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: For Fans of Lisa Scottoline Books

Not familiar with this author.  What type of books does she write - mystery?

Honored Contributor

Lisa also writes a column (sometimes with her daughter Francesca Serritella) for the Sunday Philadelphia Inquirer called "Chick Wit" that's quite funny. You can read her columns online at philly.com. I highly recommend them. They've published a few compilations of their columns as books now too.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

Thanks for the info. I'm now on the waiting list for "Corrupted." I didn't realize she had so many books. I know I've read a few of hers & enjoyed them- time to check out some more.

Honored Contributor

Lisa Scottoline's column "Chick Wit" is one of the things that convinced me to self publish my novels instead of trying to get a publishing deal. Every few months one of her columns will be about her facing yet another deadline to get a book done and how she had to almost kill herself to make the deadline. I don't think that kind of pressure is conducive to the creative process. She's published a ton of books and if they're still pushing her that hard, it's probably not the way for me to go.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

@gonnab

Her mysteries are all based in Philadelphia.

Her descriptions of home interiors will have you chuckling, especially if you are Italian or have visited in your friends's homes as a youngster.  

They are right on the money...down to the little holy cards with pieces of dried out palm made into a little cross and stuck behind the top of the lightswitch place in the kitchen.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Trusted Contributor

Hi.  I am new to this forum and also love reading.  I just finished Lisa Scottoline's Keep Quiet and it was riveting.  It was the story of a series of consequences that take place when a father (against better judgement) allows his son - with only a driving permit - to drive his car on a dark road in the hopes of developing a "fun dad" relationship with him. I couldn't put it down & turned out to have a surprise ending.  I am going to order Corrupted now from Amazon!

Trusted Contributor

I'm geeked, as I just won one of her books being offered free on Goodreads & she is one of my favorite authors! I can't remember the name of the book, as I inadvertently deleted the post from Goodreads, but I think it's being release in mid February. Going to read the book and then donate it to my local library.

Trusted Contributor

I just finished Corrupted last week.  It was very good and I recommend it, too.  The ending was a total surprise to me.  I like Scottolini's books because they are about smart female characters. 

Occasional Contributor

I am presently reading  "Every Fifteen Minutes " by Lisa Scottoline. It is wonderful!!! I can't put it down! I have also read "Look Again ", "Keep Quiet ", and "Save Me " by Lisa Scottoline and all of them are amazing!!! These books hook you within the first couple of chapters, making them extremely easy to read. They are so good that I don't want them to end!