Respected Contributor

Re: Your Favorite Skincare Product

[ Edited ]

@appm, my main eye problem is undereye puffiness - no crow’s feet.

I don’t wear eye makeup and never paid attention to my eyelids. I checked and they look a bit hooded to me so I will probably try the AG serum at some point.

I haven’t found any product that helps the puffiness. The last product I bought, actually made it worse.

Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMeewrote:

Oh I forgot to mention one very important thing...I take a ceramide supplement (phytoceramides capsule daily) and it has really made my skin very soft and hydrated so much that I am using far less moisturizer. It's one supplement I will never go without. The entire skin on my body has been so much better since taking them. No more yucky dry feet either.Woman Happy

@SilleeMee

Are your ceramide supplements from Andrew Lessman?

Super Contributor

@ Montanawrote:

@appm, my main eye problem is undereye puffiness - no crow’s feet.

I don’t wear eye makeup and never paid attention to my eyelids. I checked and they look a bit hooded to me so I will probably try the AG serum at some point.

I haven’t found any product that helps the puffiness. The last product I bought, actually made it worse.

@ Montana

Let me know if you ever find a solution to that (puffiness) problem!!!!  I tried a new product from Korres and thought it was working - NOPE.  Made it worse.  Dr. Brandt's No Baggage looks interesting, but I'm tired of buying stuff that disappoints, so for now I'm living with the puffiness (not happy).

Honored Contributor

@ElvisShopswrote:

@SilleeMeewrote:

Oh I forgot to mention one very important thing...I take a ceramide supplement (phytoceramides capsule daily) and it has really made my skin very soft and hydrated so much that I am using far less moisturizer. It's one supplement I will never go without. The entire skin on my body has been so much better since taking them. No more yucky dry feet either.Woman Happy

@SilleeMee

I buy mine from pipingrock dot com. Here's what's on their label:

"Supplement Facts

Serving Size:  1 Liquid Capsule
Servings Per Container:  30
  AmountPer Serving % DailyValue(DV)
Lipowheat (Triticum vulgare) oil extract (non-GMO)(providing glycolipids, ceramides and glycosylceramides)350 mg*
Other Ingredients: Gelatin Capsule. May contain Wheat Germ Oil.
Directions: For adults, take one (1) liquid capsule daily with a meal.
WARNING: If you are pregnant, nursing or taking any medications, consult your doctor before use. If any adverse reactions occur, immediately stop using this product and consult your doctor. If seal under cap is damaged or missing, do not use. Keep out of reach of children. Store in a cool, dry place.
Other Information: Contains wheat ingredients."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A 30-cap (30-day supply) costs about $11 and when it goes on sale, the cost will usually go down to about $7 per bottle and that's when I stock up. Woman Happy @ElvisShops
Honored Contributor

@Porcelainwrote:

CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser. It's not especially foamy. And though it says it's for normal to oily skin, it works great on my dry skin. No fragrance, contains ceramides and niacinamide, plus mild high-quality cleansers. Great stuff. Skincare starts with the right cleanser.

@Porcelain

Do you use this for taking off facial makeup, too?  Or do you use something else first before you use the CeraVe?  Just curious because I have been using different products lately and don't feel like my skin is getting really clean.  I have very sensitive skin though and can't be overly zealous with cleansing!

I have used the CeraVe cream cleanser and think it's a nice product and very soothing but does not remove makeup by itself.

Thanks! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

Healthy diet, Vitamin C serum, Retinol.... over the years.  But, right now I'm totally loving  SSC Glycolic Cleanser  - I started using it twice a day about 7 weeks ago and have noticed that the big pores on either side of my nose are much tighter and my facial skin is smoother and less blotchy overall.  I don't wear foundation as much as I used to.   The only change I've made in my simple skin care routine is the cleanser, so am giving it full credit.  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

There are many I use faithfully because I like them and they do want I need but the product that STILL makes me go WOW and has been game changer for me is 

Dr. Dennis Gross Anti-Aging Alpha Beta Peel Pads.

Daily (except Sunday). I can't recommend this highly enough. Just...WOW!

Trusted Contributor

@mistyadawrote:

Differin has made a real difference in my skin. Originally prescribed for acne, it has been used overlabel for wrinkles, etc for years. It is now over the counter and cheap. You can get it at Target, Walgreens, etc. It is about $11 for 1/2 ounce or $26 for 1.5 oz. That is cheaper than Olay. I wish I had used it years ago, it would have saved me a lot of money on beauty products.

What exactly does Differin do for your skin.

Honored Contributor

Can’t pick just one...

Retin A - improves skin texture and overall appearance 

Paula’s Choice BHA - evens out skin tone & helps to prevent breakouts

Daily moisturizer with SPF for 30 years - credit this with preventing wrinkles and sun damage 

BTW I am over 50 with very oily acne prone skin.

Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMeewrote:

@ElvisShopswrote:

@SilleeMeewrote:

@SilleeMee

I buy mine from pipingrock dot com. Here's what's on their label:

"Supplement Facts

Serving Size:  1 Liquid Capsule
Servings Per Container:  30
  AmountPer Serving % DailyValue(DV)
Lipowheat (Triticum vulgare) oil extract (non-GMO)(providing glycolipids, ceramides and glycosylceramides)350 mg*
Other Ingredients: Gelatin Capsule. May contain Wheat Germ Oil.
Directions: For adults, take one (1) liquid capsule daily with a meal.
WARNING: If you are pregnant, nursing or taking any medications, consult your doctor before use. If any adverse reactions occur, immediately stop using this product and consult your doctor. If seal under cap is damaged or missing, do not use. Keep out of reach of children. Store in a cool, dry place.
Other Information: Contains wheat ingredients."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A 30-cap (30-day supply) costs about $11 and when it goes on sale, the cost will usually go down to about $7 per bottle and that's when I stock up. Woman Happy @ElvisShops

@SilleeMee

That is a much better price than Lessman. I will check it out. Thank you.