Trusted Contributor

Your Favorite Skincare Product

I know there are no miracles and no magic in skincare, but of all of the products you have used, what has made the greatest difference and what changes did you see? TIA

Honored Contributor

Re: Your Favorite Skincare Product

Skin Ceuticals B5 Gel, I love it and always come back to it as my go to moisturizer

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Super Contributor

The Beekman Boys products.  Their skin care line is wonderful as is the soaps.

Honored Contributor

My favorite is Avon's Dramatic Firming Cream.   I started out with a firming lotion form Cosmetics Plus (they went out of business) then a firming lotion from Bath and Body Works ... but that was discontinued, and I then found the Avon product.

Actually, I don't see any improvement because I started using a firming lotion in my 50s so I wouldn't droop and wrinkle.   I've used the product everday since ... along with daily exfoliation via soap and water and bath gloves.

I also use Facial Flex for about the same time frame.

I'm 75 ... no wrinkles, no drooping.  But - I do have to give credit to my ancestors who passed along some pretty good genes.

Super Contributor

Differin has made a real difference in my skin. Originally prescribed for acne, it has been used overlabel for wrinkles, etc for years. It is now over the counter and cheap. You can get it at Target, Walgreens, etc. It is about $11 for 1/2 ounce or $26 for 1.5 oz. That is cheaper than Olay. I wish I had used it years ago, it would have saved me a lot of money on beauty products.

Honored Contributor

Dove soap.

Honored Contributor

I like using oils, my favorites have been avocado, marula, but tried jojoba,and love it.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

Omega-3 fish oil supplements (500 mg or more).  I know you were probably referring to topical products, but if you want to know what has made the biggest difference in my skin, that is it.

I had really bad dry patches on my face and it made makeup application difficult.  Every time I would put on makeup, it didn't look very good.  Now that I take the Omega-3 fish oil, the topical products I use are able to do the rest of the job (for the most part).

As far as topical products go, I would say glycolic acid products have helped my skin the most.  My skin is much smoother than it once was, and I can apply makeup now and have it look decent.

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Honored Contributor

CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser. It's not especially foamy. And though it says it's for normal to oily skin, it works great on my dry skin. No fragrance, contains ceramides and niacinamide, plus mild high-quality cleansers. Great stuff. Skincare starts with the right cleanser.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

Triluma Rx/Retin-A.

Nothing OTC has improved my deep melasma as these 2 drugs, whether cheap or expensive.