Honored Contributor

Re: Your Favorite Inexpensive Products

@SilleeMee wrote:

@just bee,

How much do those wipes in that size cost at Costco? I found that size at jet dot com for $35.

OH I found them online at Costco...$25..pretty cheap!Woman Happy

This is one of those items that shows up in the coupon book and I can't remember if it's an extra $5 off.  Either way, they're worth it.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Esteemed Contributor

All cosmetics I use regularly are inexpensive, so too many to list here.  What I use every night to remove all my other products:  Neutrogena Deep Clean Cream Cleanser in the big yellow tube.  About $5 at the supermarket. 

In cold, dry winter months:  Pond's Cold Cream.  Super cheap and super good.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Irshgrl31201 can you describe the consistency of the Colourpop lipgloss- is it thick, thin, sticky? Does it have any scent? That color you posted looks pretty and like something I'd like. I am using up some of my other lipglosses before I buy more but these will probably go on my list to try. I really miss Kat Von D's lightning sheer lip glosses and always trying to find something to replace that HG gloss. In all these years, I still haven't found one! I hate when they get rid of things I love so much.

Hey @HappyDaze, I don't know how I missed your post. I was on earlier after you posted and didn't notice it. Oh well. 

Oh, the satin finish ones are great too! 

Anyway, no I do not find them sticky at all and I am hearing the same from most of the reviewers. They are really smooth and buttery almost. You can go on youtube to find ones that are a little more opaque as opposed to just gloss. A lot of girls there with the youtube channels are on it!!  The closest consistency I can think of would be NYX Butter gloss. I really love them Some are sheer and some are a little more opaque. That is good with me, I don't mind that. I haven't tried the matte yet but my daughter wears a bunch of them though and loves them and I think she looks great in them too.  I don't know why I am not into matte, I wore it in the 90s, maybe that is why. I do like how they look on some people, I guess I just feel with more mature lips that a little shine is better and does't draw attention to any lines. My lips are pretty good. I don't smoke or use a straw so I don't have any lines but I just like the way a little shiny gloss looks on me.

Hope that helps. I have honestly loved all the products I recieved. I LOVE the shadows and their consistency! 

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Esteemed Contributor

@sandraskates wrote:

@mistriTsquirrel - If you like the shea butter by NOW Solutions, that company makes a lot of great products and supplements. I like their flouride-free toothpaste, although I wouldn't say it's inexpensive (but it's not horrendously expensive either).

@sandraskates

I really like a lot of their products too!!  I have their essential oils, and have tried various other products of theirs.  Some of my supplements are NOW and some of them are Solaray.

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Esteemed Contributor

@DCAnnie2004

I've really been wanting to try out those Milani blushes.  I keep waiting for them to go on sale. 

Do they ever go on sale???

Esteemed Contributor

@shiloh 81 wrote:
Good old Vaseline

@shiloh 81

I use this stuff in place of petroleum jelly:

Image result for alba un-petroleum jelly

Esteemed Contributor

@just bee wrote:

Lumene CC Cream

Lumene CC Cream.  Available at the drugstore and it goes on sale often enough to stock a couple tubes.  A little goes a long way and it doesn't turn me tangerine.  Skin looks and feels better.

@just bee

Is it fairly moisturizing?  What's the coverage like?

TIA

Honored Contributor

@mistriTsquirrel wrote:

@just bee wrote:

Lumene CC Cream

Lumene CC Cream.  Available at the drugstore and it goes on sale often enough to stock a couple tubes.  A little goes a long way and it doesn't turn me tangerine.  Skin looks and feels better.

@just bee

Is it fairly moisturizing?  What's the coverage like?

TIA

I'm in the high desert, so it's moisturizing enough for me.  Sometimes I mix it with Lumene's BB serum -- that's been a good combo with added luminosity and glide.  Coverage is good.  Don't need a lot -- I get by with a pea-size amount.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Valued Contributor

I make my own wipes using the DIY from Pinterest.  I use Bounty paper towels cut in half, baby wash and coconut oil. 

Esteemed Contributor

@just bee

Thanks!!  I think I will look for it next time I'm at the store.

Did you know that people don't get a notification when you quote their posts, unless you "@" them?  I wasn't sure if you knew.  Somebody had to tell me that, because I was wondering why people weren't answering me when I quoted them (without tagging them).