Frequent Contributor

Re: Why does everyone love Tea Tree so much? What has your experience been?

To be honest, I had mixed results with TT. I was hesitant to try it because I heard the smell was bad, but the smell didn't bother me in the least. It cleans well and gave me volume. But after continuous use, it left my hair dry and dull and did not address my scalp issues. Granted I used TT on it's own with no other CC. So maybe it works better moisture wise, to use other CC's with it. But I really wanted something that could help my scalp, and it did not. Than again, my scalp issues could have different causes than yours. You never know, unless you try it.

Occasional Contributor

Now I really want to give Tea Tree a try! My scalp is just like the skin on my face, combination. It is oily near the top/bangs area and dry in other places. I wonder if Tea Tree might balance things out. (I think I just talked myself in to placing an order lol.) Does anyone use TT products (WEN or other brands) on their face?

Honored Contributor

On 5/27/2014 HonnyBrown said:

Thanks WenGirl. Testing itchy?

Yep, it was sans y that got poofed.

Yeah, I love TT and Fig. BGT has bombarded it's way into my regimen, though and thrown everything off schedule.

Not possible. The word without the "Y" doesn't even get posted, it gives you an error in red text. It's possible you missed the error and thought it was posted (I've done that), but it's not possible to publish a post with the word without the Y in it. Try it again and you'll see.

Honored Contributor

Some people believe that Tea Tree makes your hair grow faster. Some people use it to prevent scalp itchiness and dandruff. I like it, but I don't notice my hair growing faster (my hair has always grown pretty fast). I don't have dandruff, so I haven't noticed anything there, either.

I don't think it's better than other formulas, but I use it because I like the scent and it does the job. I need Fig for moisture, but I don't really like the Fig scent. Mixing it with Tea Tree makes it much more appealing to me.

Esteemed Contributor

Chynna, I used poof the wrong way. I should have said that they don't get posted.

The TT Treatment Oil is a must! I use it the night before a cleanse, regardless of what CC I plan to use.

The first time I used it, my husband asked if I went hiking that day because I smelled like trees.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Honored Contributor

I had some pure tea tree oil. It smelled terrible and burned my skin. I don't know why anyone would use it in a cosmetic product. Surely there must be better things.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

On 5/27/2014 kachina624 said: I had some pure tea tree oil. It smelled terrible and burned my skin. I don't know why anyone would use it in a cosmetic product. Surely there must be better things.

That's why you don't use it pure, you mix it with another oil.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Valued Contributor

I love the tea tree CC. I exercise everyday so cleansing is a must. The tea tree is very soothing and refreshing after a good workout. I also find it very calming and therapeutic. I also use the tea tree treatment oil twice a week and my hair has never been in such great shape. I have been coloring my blonde for decades and you would never know by the look and the feel of my hair. I'm hooked.

Respected Contributor

On 5/27/2014 kachina624 said: I had some pure tea tree oil. It smelled terrible and burned my skin. I don't know why anyone would use it in a cosmetic product. Surely there must be better things.
Pure tea tree oil is way too strong to use undiluted. You would always use a carrier oil like jojoba. There are several threads in the WEN forum with recipes. Your experience would be expected with using it straight. The WEN Tea Tree products also have eucalyptus and other scents, not just Tea Tree.
Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Contributor

I just can't get past the smell.