Occasional Contributor

Why does everyone love Tea Tree so much? What has your experience been?

I've tried a lot of WEN formulations (Pomegranate, Fig, Lavender, Winter Vanilla Mint, Sweet Almond, 613, and that Mango whatever from last year).

I've never tried Tea Tree. Whenever there is a good deal, it always sells out. Why is Tea Tree so popular? I've used a few non-WEN tea tree products before and they were always too strong.

If you like (or dislike) WEN Tea Tree formulations, please share your experience. Thx! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Why does everyone love Tea Tree so much? What has your experience been?

I love it. It took one use for me. I use it once a week as a first cleanse, and follow up with Fig.

I love the tingle on my scalp and the scent. I've heard that it helps your hair grow, but for me, that's Wen in general. It also helps with an irritated scalp and dandruff.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Frequent Contributor

Hi Deb,

I'm new to Wen (3 months in) and have tried several of the core formulas, with varying results. I started with SAM and loved it, but still had to wash my hair every day due to serious scalp issues (oily, sweaty - i work out a lot, and sometimes smelly - i work out a lot). I decided to try CA, which is now my fave for both smell and performance, but bc of all the hype surrounding TT, decided to try it also. To be honest, the smell takes some getting used to (similar to Vicks and cleaning agents combined) but performance wise, it has definitely been the game changer for my scalp. I use it for my first cleanse. 2nd cleanse i use a combo of TT and CA on my scalp with SAM or 613 on ends for moisture. The TT leaves my scalp unbelievably clean. I can now wait 3-4 days between washes. No more oily, smelly, sweaty scalp. If you have any of these issues, I highly recommend TT. I hear it works for dandruff and itchy scalp as well.

...also known as Serena1130
Esteemed Contributor

My posts get poofed when I use the "i" word, but Serena's didn't. How come?

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Respected Contributor

I am looking forward to trying the Wen tea-tree. I just ordered some of the 2 oz. samples that I found on Amazon. They were expensive but I really wanted to try scents that I haven't used yet. I may still order the QVC kit of 6 oz. sizes so that I may have them for traveling. I ordered the cucumber aloe, tea-tree and fig, all scents that I haven't tried yet. I didn't really want to order a 16 oz. size of anything and then decide that I didn't like it. Although, I never return anything that I order online, I usually just give it to a friend.

Occasional Contributor

On 5/27/2014 HonnyBrown said:

I love it. It took one use for me. I use it once a week as a first cleanse, and follow up with Fig.

I love the tingle on my scalp and the scent. I've heard that it helps your hair grow, but for me, that's Wen in general. It also helps with an irritated scalp and dandruff.

Thanks. I'm thinking of trying it that exact way - tea tree, then fig.

Occasional Contributor

On 5/27/2014 Serena1130 said:

Hi Deb,

I'm new to Wen (3 months in) and have tried several of the core formulas, with varying results. I started with SAM and loved it, but still had to wash my hair every day due to serious scalp issues (oily, sweaty - i work out a lot, and sometimes smelly - i work out a lot). I decided to try CA, which is now my fave for both smell and performance, but bc of all the hype surrounding TT, decided to try it also. To be honest, the smell takes some getting used to (similar to Vicks and cleaning agents combined) but performance wise, it has definitely been the game changer for my scalp. I use it for my first cleanse. 2nd cleanse i use a combo of TT and CA on my scalp with SAM or 613 on ends for moisture. The TT leaves my scalp unbelievably clean. I can now wait 3-4 days between washes. No more oily, smelly, sweaty scalp. If you have any of these issues, I highly recommend TT. I hear it works for dandruff and itchy scalp as well.

Yes, I do have scalp issues. I've tried a lot of different products and nothing has relieved it. I am meticulous about taking care of my hair, but I still get flakes.

Thanks for sharing!

Super Contributor

thanks for sharing..

Super Contributor

On 5/27/2014 HonnyBrown said:

My posts get poofed when I use the "i" word, but Serena's didn't. How come?

Poofing seems to be quite arbitrary. (And, I admit I can't figure out what the "i" word is, LOL.)

Super Contributor

Tea Tree and Fig are my holy grail combo. I don't actually find the scent of TT to be that overpowering, but everyone is different, of course. Anyway, it does great things for my scalp and my hair has really started to grow fast. Fig is wonderful for moisture. Together, they are a dynamite duo. Smiley Happy