Respected Contributor

Re: Why all the hair extensions ?

@Mz iMac wrote:

@Kitty Galore   There are many ways a person can add extensions besides "clip-ons," 

Clip ons are basically "do it yourself." Smiley LOL

To make extensions look realistic is to add "real hair" that is closer to your grade hair by going to a professional weaveologist who willl be doing one of the following........

sewed in

stitched in

crochet in

braided into your own hair

glued on

Doesn't this damage hair in the long run?

Honored Contributor

I'd probably try it, but it is damaging to your hair and I've figured out that I wouldm't look good in long hair.  

Honored Contributor

Obviously because those women want extensions.  They want longer hair and with extensions they can have it now.  Hair extensions are no different than hair color, fake nails, eye make up and all the other beauty products we use.  

Respected Contributor

As noted on this forum, many women have hair issues.

Respected Contributor

I've heard they can be very damaging to one's real hair.

Esteemed Contributor

My niece has hair extensions, but she looked perfectly fine without them.

My feeling is that if you have real hair issues, and extensions and/or wigs make you feel better, then go for it.

But if you want to pretend that you have longer, thicker, nicer hair than you have, that is a dangerous trend.  Same thing with false eyelashes, breast implants, etc.  I just fear it is going to get to the point that you have to do all these additional procedures just to fit in with everyone else.

It would be nice if women could just be who they are, work with what they have without going to extremes, and be okay with that.

Men, for the most part, do that.  Why don't women?

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Respected Contributor

@Puppy Lips wrote:

My niece has hair extensions, but she looked perfectly fine without them.

My feeling is that if you have real hair issues, and extensions and/or wigs make you feel better, then go for it.

But if you want to pretend that you have longer, thicker, nicer hair than you have, that is a dangerous trend.  Same thing with false eyelashes, breast implants, etc.  I just fear it is going to get to the point that you have to do all these additional procedures just to fit in with everyone else.

It would be nice if women could just be who they are, work with what they have without going to extremes, and be okay with that.

"Why don't women"? Really? Just turn on tv, social media. Women compete on looks. Men on $$$$$$$$$/Power.

Respected Contributor

I don't view wearing hair extensions any differently than wearing earrings or makeup. We each have our own style.

Honored Contributor

@Kitty Galore I've been seeing this for at least 10 years. Nothing new. If a woman likes them, she should wear them! It's no big deal to me.

Honored Contributor

@Puppy Lips wrote:

@Puppy Lips   Do you know any females who would walk around in public w/the "comb over?"

Screenshot 2023-10-03 at 1.45.18 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-10-03 at 1.45.33 PM.png

There are few females who can get away w/going completely bald by choice outside of being a cancer patient.

Screenshot 2023-10-03 at 1.50.49 PM.png

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif