Honored Contributor

Who Has Time For Makeup & Skincare

...when you're a new mom of a teenage Goldendoodle?  

I see we're still here.  Has there been any signs or talk of shutting down the forums other than the announcement last year?

I bet I haven't put a face on 2x since I was here last.  It's a full day of chores but I wanted to pop in in case anyone thinks I've died Smiley Wink

Does anyone remember that sweet sweet lady that showed dogs?  The last time we heard from her she said she was waiting on very important medical test results.  That was the last time she posted.  I don't recall her name.  Doesn't sound good.

Honored Contributor

Re: Who Has Time For Makeup & Skincare

@monicakm 

I always have time for make-up & skincare.  I can't use the excuse that I don't have time.  It's called laziness.  As I've stated before my employer doesn't require us to turn on our video cameras so I do get lazy some mornings and say the heck with applying my make-up.  Besides skincare is really the more important thing to be consistent with.

I don't think there has been more talk of shutting down the forums.  There was a post about it yesterday, but it was more along the lines of "I'm glad QVC didn't get rid of the board".  Then most of us responded, "me, too"!

P.S.  There is nothing wrong with taking a social media break...LOL!  I, for one, didn't think you died, but just think of how glorious it will be when you do die & are face-to-face with the Lord!  Until then, we enjoy your company!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@SurferWife 

You are just the sweetest, kindest soul!  

Social media break.  Yeah, that's what I've done without even realizing it lol

My knee is feeling somewhat better as well so I'm doing chores that have gone ignored.   

Honored Contributor

Glad to see you posting but why bring up the board issue again.  It just causes unnecessary concern among posters as nothing has been said by the Q.

Good luck with your goldendoodle.  Chore day here for me too.  Doing laundry and other stuff but I keep taking breaks so not sure how much will really get done.  LOL

The good news - the rain has stopped and we have clear, blue skies, sun is out, but it is a bit breezy and chilly.  I'll take it though.  A break from all this rain is much needed.

Have a good rest of your day!

Honored Contributor

@JudyL 

@monicakm wasn't bringing up the issue of the boards again.  It came up yesterday on another thread so she was just asking about it, thinking she might have missed something during her brief absence.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

@JudyL 

@monicakm wasn't bringing up the issue of the boards again.  It came up yesterday on another thread so she was just asking about it, thinking she might have missed something during her brief absence.

@SurferWife and @monicakm - oh ok, my aopologies, didn't realize it had been brought up on another thread.

Honored Contributor

@JudyL 

I haven't been here in a few days.  Just wondering.

Rain...I miss it Smiley Sad  Las Vegas is cooler and getting more rain than

we are.  That's scary Smiley Surprised

Esteemed Contributor

Time for skincare on a daily basis - yes.

Take the time to put on makeup on a daily basis - no. 

I workout in the morning, do some chores, shower and do my hair. I probably only put on makeup 2 maybe 3 times a week. Works for me. 

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

I pretty much only wear makeup on Sundays, not because I don't have time.  I just see no reason to.  I'm comfortable going out and about without it, so I see no reason to put it on just to go to the grocery store, out to eat, up to the church for practice.  But, I do apply my skincare on a daily basis.

Honored Contributor

Today is 01-16-23.  You posted several times on 01-14-23 and 01-12-23 before that.  You haven't been gone that long. 🤷‍♀️