Trusted Contributor

Need recommendation for moisturizer for dry acne-prone skin

I have had oily/combo breakout prone skin my entire life until the last few months.  My skin has become much drier lately.  I'm not sure why as I haven't used any new products.  I've mostly used Clinque Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel as my daytime product but it's not cutting it any more.  I'm thinking I could try the lotion form of that, but looking for other recommendations to consider.

Does anyone with dry, breakout prone skin have a good product to recommend?  My skin breaks out so easily that I'm really hesitant to try heavier products.  I had found one by Ole Henrickson that I used occasionally and liked but of course it's been discontinued. 

Thanks for any recommendations!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Need recommendation for moisturizer for dry acne-prone skin

Try the Olay Regenerist Whip face moisturizer SPF 40.

Dont you let the low price scare you, it's a good product.

The Supreme Happiness Of Life Consists In The Conviction That One Is Loved.
I come from the beautiful and sunny Athens Greece
Valued Contributor

Sheer Moisture, by Renee Rouleau is a great moisturizer.   It is lightweight and never makes me break out.  My skin is on the oily side, but I think it would work for drier skin too.   I like her line and use other products from it as well.

Esteemed Contributor

Not a cheap line  but Dermalogica is a great line. 

Contributor

Try Mario Badescu. They have a quiz on the main page to determine exactly what your skin needs and they make recommendations. MB has a sale on now too. They make good products and the prices are good too. 

Trusted Contributor

@lkat   I have the same type of skin.  My favorite brand is Philosophy...Take a Deep Breath.  Not heavy but works very well.  I used to use Clinique...but it is too oily for me.  
It is rarely on QVC but if you go to the Philosophy site...you will find it there.  

Respected Contributor

The best for dry acne prone skin and for the whole body is Ultra Repair Cream. You can get it on QVC or Sephora. Trust me, I've been there and know what I'm talking about. I have very sensitive, acne prone skin. This works and no grease, no breaking out. You don't need to spend a lot of $ on this. Derms, I've been to them my whole life, suggest drug store lotions for your skin, Cetaphil for example. But I love Ultra Repair Cream.

Trusted Contributor

@godi wrote:

Not a cheap line  but Dermalogica is a great line. 

I currently use a couple of Dermalogica items regularly but have never tried any of their moisturizers.  I will definitely check them out, thank you.  They have a nice auto replenishment system that I use with one of my products.

Trusted Contributor

@Mombo1 wrote:

@lkat   I have the same type of skin.  My favorite brand is Philosophy...Take a Deep Breath.  Not heavy but works very well.  I used to use Clinique...but it is too oily for me.  
It is rarely on QVC but if you go to the Philosophy site...you will find it there.  

I have stayed away from Philosophy after a bad experience with Purity Made Simple, but I will check it out.  Thank you.

Trusted Contributor

@Dinaki wrote:

Try the Olay Regenerist Whip face moisturizer SPF 40.

Dont you let the low price scare you, it's a good product.

Years ago I tried the non-whipped version of this for night time.  It was too heavy for me for day, but this sounds like it's lighter.  Thank you.