Honored Contributor

Re: What is your preferred method of foundation application?

I put a drop on my fingers!  Love this foundation.  It feels like silk.

See the source image

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I usually use my fingers to spread it around and an Artis brush to blend it out.

ETA... I'm neither an expert nor highly skilled at this!  LOL

Honored Contributor

Fingers followed by a brush.  I mix a little Tarte primer with 1 pump foundation and 1 drop Aveeno Positively Radiant Maxglow Drops with my fingers.  I dot that all over my face and spread with my fingers.  Once I'm done with that I take a dense Artis knockoff brush and buff all over.  

Honored Contributor

@ECBG   Great news for you. After all these years of folks complaining about the messy dropper in this foundation, they have finally repackaged it w/ a pumper. Yay! So if/when you're running out, the pumper bottle is now available. 

Honored Contributor

@wilma wrote:

Fingers. I use a tinted moisturizer after my primer. Applying with fingers works fine for me. 

I tried using brushes & sponges and didn’t like either. I always felt like product was being wasted. I was also concerned about bacteria left behind on brushes & sponges even though I cleaned them.

@wilma   In between my regular brush cleanings, I use a brush cleaning spray on the brushes I used for liquids or creams. IT makes a great one called BRUSH LOVE. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@San Antonio Gal  I use the Real Technique sponge too except I do not wet it because I wear a tinted moisturizer and the moist sponge would take away all the product.  Sometimes if I am in a hurry, I use my fingers and spread outward.    Love Real Technique sponges.  I prefer a sponge over a brush because it spreads smoothly.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

Dot liquid foundation on my face, then apply with a brush (I have one of Mally's that I've been using for years).  Quick and easy.  Sometimes I'll use my fingers but not often.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Katcat1   Hi. I haven't found a big difference in the Beauty Blender, Real Techniques or drugstore sponges except price.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@ECBG   Great news for you. After all these years of folks complaining about the messy dropper in this foundation, they have finally repackaged it w/ a pumper. Yay! So if/when you're running out, the pumper bottle is now available. 

@Shanus Fantastic!!!!!

See the source image

Honored Contributor

I use Sonia Kashuk oval makeup sponges for applying my Clinique Even Better cream foundation. I wouldn't know how to use a brush. 

When I wear CC cream, I use my fingers. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?