Honored Contributor

Re: What is your preferred method of foundation application?

First I wash my hands (I do that a lot...maybe too much) and then I use my hands. 

First I put on the primer....let it dry ..... then I put on the foundation.

I don't know about any of you but I find it funny when people think I'm younger than I am.  It's only because I wear liquid (must be liquid for me) foundation.

I call it paint up my face.  Then I'll say (sometimes) it's because my face is all one color (not a lot of brown spots, etc) because the foundation covers it up.

I was just with my teenage granddaughters.  Their skin is amazing.  All one color, not a blemish, no pores, all the same color.  They don't need to wear foundation.

I think it's pretty simple really.  I didn't used to have to wear liquid makeup...but now I have things wrong with my skin, so I cover it up.... Right?

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal 

I prefer a foundation brush.  I love IT's brushes. I've never liked using my fingers, because I don't feel like I can blend as well with them.

I have seen some pretty cool sponges on QVC and have some on my wish list.  I'd like to try them but I really don't know which ones are better than others.  If anyone has input, please share!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Valued Contributor

I have sponges, brushes, and even that little attachment for my Clarisonic.  So, what do I use?  My fingers.  LOL.

Esteemed Contributor

Liquid foundation = dot on and blend with fingers, then smooth with IT brush.

Compact foundation = IT double-ended brush (I have several).

I wash my brushes with soap and water every single time I use them.  I don't want anything 'germy' on my face.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

Fingers. Sponges and brushes never worked for me 

Honored Contributor

Lumene CC cream -- fingers! Woman Very Happy

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal 

I had never heard of Real Techniques sponges.  Now that I've read more about them, I'm buying a 2-pack tomorrow!  I can't wait to try them.  This is what I like about the forum!  Thanks for sharing. Smiley Happy

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

@San Antonio Gal 

I had never heard of Real Techniques sponges.  Now that I've read more about them, I'm buying a 2-pack tomorrow!  I can't wait to try them.  This is what I like about the forum!  Thanks for sharing. Smiley Happy

@SurferWife   FYI, if you've never used sponges before, after wetting them and squeezing them out, dab on towel to get excess water off. Too much water will thin out your foundation. Let us know how it goes. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

Thanks for the tip!  I'll be sure to report back, but may not have free time to post until next weekend.  Stay tuned...Woman Very Happy

Valued Contributor

Depending on the foundation, it would use my fingers (Bobbi Brown Stick foundation) or a flat top buki brush for liquid foundations. 

I tried the Beauty Blender and like the finish, but dislike the clean up afterwards. I clean my brushes after each use and it's just so much  more efficient to clean brushes than the sponge in the morning.