Trusted Contributor

What do you buy from Sephora?

A new Sephora just opened up in our local JC Penney store.  It's very small, but it is nice, as the only other Sephora store is 2 hrs. from where I live.  Just wondering what you all buy from Sephora.

Any tips or tricks to get good deals/sales?  

Honored Contributor

Re: What do you buy from Sephora?

Through the years, this is where I tried Josie, Wen, good assortment of tweezers. I like looking at sample size products and trying them. However I like Ulta better.

Honored Contributor

I only buy online as I don't have a store near me. I'm on their email list and that's how I find out about deals. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

I pretty much only go to Sephora once a year, to pick up my birthday gift. But I buy something while I'm there. If I can't find anything that catches my eye just browsing around, I'll pick up a new Fresh Sugar lip balm. I buy pretty much everything else at Ulta, which has a much more conveniently located and larger store in my area.

I like Sephora's sampler kits they put together too, of mascaras/sunscreens/lippies/etc.  Always a good way to try things I'm curious about.

Respected Contributor

What I like most about Sephora is that they give samples and do have the discount sale at the end of the year.  The birthday gift is usually disappointing although I do get it.

I usually order on linewhen the discount is on but last holiday season they cancelled my order because they said the items were sold out and so I did not have enough points to retain my VIB status.

One of the items was sold out but the others were staples like a Clinique lipstick....

Respected Contributor

You have to be a beauty Insider (sign up) and spend so much money to get a discount. I do not find that they have anything very unique anymore.

Respected Contributor

Happened to be at JC Penney yesterday to pick up drapes and the sign said back in 30minutes.  So, I stopped in the Sephora boutique there.  Sales person said they no longer carry several brand names in the little store.  

Askednfor any brand of brow marker similar to the to the former Laura Geller marker:  don’t carry them.

When I get back home later this month, I will probably check in the brand new huge Sephora store going in.  If they don’t carry any, it is back to Ulta !

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

I sometimes get Lancôme or Urban Decay items from them. Th JCP stores carry limited items in Lancôme (maybe fragrance?) Nest fragrances are there as well as Bare Minerals products. Just remember, you cannot return a JCP Sephora item back to a regular stand alone Sephora & vice versa.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

@Sue98    It all depends what you are in the market for and what lines that Sephora carries.  Josie Maran, Stilla, Laura Mercier.  I think the Sephora will carry lines that cater to the area you live in.  Also, check out Rihanna's new makeup line if they carry it.  I have not purchased anything from Sephora in a few years.  They closed our JCPenney and I end up purchasing directly from Laura Mercier.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

From the Canadian Sephora stores, I have bought nothing this year. Poor stock, no sunscreens, overpriced fragrances means no sales. When I bought my Clarisonic makeup brush head, I bought it from Shoppers Drug Mart using my loyalty points. When I looked for a white retractable cream eye crayon, Sephora did not have any. But the drugstore London Drugs did.

When I was in the U.S. recently I visited two different Sephora stores. One had no travel size It Cosmetics CC creams while the nearby Macy's did. But they did have the Tocca Stella hair fragrance which Canada did not. The other Sephora store did not have any Tarte shape tape concealer. Canada doesn't have this either. Neither Sephora stores carry Nest Paradise fragrance anymore.

Canadian Sephora stores have no sunscreens either. I did not see any Deciem The Ordinary products at all in Sephoras in Canada or the U.S. For such a media buzzy brand, it's not in any Sephora store I've been in.