Respected Contributor

Spelled wrong in previous post!!

Honored Contributor
@bargainsgirlwrote:

@bargainsgirl- you can go to your original post and edit it.

Honored Contributor

@bargainsgirlwrote:

@bargainsgirl@JeanLouiseFinch  Don’t see the OP

Honored Contributor
Trusted Contributor

I would just love to know if this Keranique works before the HSN TS is over. I have thinning post-meno hair...UGH! lose a lot each shower - makes me so uspet! a wonder I have any hair left on my dang head TIA to anybody here who may know..mixed reviews all over.

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky
Honored Contributor

@mimi5775  Are you taking any new medication?  I lost hair when i started a new medication but it finally stopped about a few weeks.  My hair is thinner but I use thickening products before I dry my hair to add thickness.  What we have to do to stay looking good.  

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

@Katcat1..no, nothing new as far as meds.

I saw this insidiously occurring over the past 6 years.

Now it's just worse.

I've had Fibromylagia for a long time [not disabling type, but not good - duh!] and a new Dx of Psoriatic Arthritis..can't take anything for it (Celebrex now & then but stomach can't take it) but I pay for it! due to stomach issues. Maybe the 40mg nightly of Pepcid is adding to my hair loss. I think it is but maybe not Dr says no [but they don't know everything we are all diff as you know].. I don't take proton pump inhibitors any longer [like Prilosec etc.]- they can makeone lose hair - then they didn't work after taking a good while..glad Pepcid does the job well enough. My scalp does burn often and gets very sore - like to the touch for no reason - people with Fibro they say get this maybe that has something to do with hair loss?I feel very alone in that.

My hair is thinning but I do look fine to thers- sprouts pop up and I'm on a good supplement a gel Biotin at 5,000 mgs. has to be the gel kind doc says. I think it helps.

I too use hair volumizers ..oh geez.. I have a enough to stock a store shelf! ALL kinds. They sure do help Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

The active ingredient in Keranique is 2% Minoxidil and that is only in the needle nozzle treatment.

Rogaine is a brand name for Minoxidil but there are many generics out there at the drugstores etc.

IMO it's an expensive set and only the Minoxidil is FDA approved to grow hair and you have to use it every day and it gets messy. You have to saturated the scalp where your hair loss occurs.

Honored Contributor

@mimi5775  I inject Enbrel weekly for rheumatoid arthritis, however, it is excellent for psoraisis and will clear up your skin.  The medicine is very expensive but I get it free through a foundation.  Look into it.  You don't have to suffer.  Take care.

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

@Katcat1wrote:

@mimi5775  I inject Enbrel weekly for rheumatoid arthritis, however, it is excellent for psoraisis and will clear up your skin.  The medicine is very expensive but I get it free through a foundation.  Look into it.  You don't have to suffer.  Take care.

@Katcat1Thanks, you are always thoughtful.

I have weensy tiny areas on skin that come and go, no lesions that are 'typical' ..nothing like that.

Psoriatic arthritis 'the invisible psoriasis' with associated pain in which bloodwork does not show it. Pain is mostly NOW in both shoulder's/neck and sleep is a gift when I get it. Takes on diff areas.

We just had no electric post storm on the 3rd.. I was so stressed and we had to leave with the new puppy and our other dog after being in the cold house a day/night (so cold here - snow- ice trees down here in PA, roads all shut down rows of trees bent pulled out of the ground that;ll cost a lot to get fixed!) these my bumps on my thumb area swelled up and that are is tolaerble with reagrds to pain...then a new itch spot on leg. UGH..always some doggone thing popping up!

They will go down but leave ugly bumps.

When we went to eat out last night on our way home at a diner after finding out our power came back, a waitress said she injects once a month for RA [think it is Enabryl] and She was 65 still waitressing! omgosh I was shocked she was soo active.She loves it.

Bless her heartc- yours too that it works with not many side effects to stop as I have heard. I am okay just in pain and it stinks. Taking only 1/2 ambien and 2 silly TylenolPRN lol..a joke! But praying a lot though Smiley Wink

I do live life but with limitations also get so tired. always and sadly as you may even know peope do not get it.

Anyway, I would use a biologic but I'm not there "yet" Rheumy says.

Only saw her 2 times...this is a new Dx.

I'm so happy you are getting relief like that wairtress does !!!!