Trusted Contributor

What did you use up this week? 5/10

Hi Friends,

Used up:

Becca First Light Priming Filter- I really like this and wish it wasn't discontinued. Received lots of compliments on my skin and makeup lately and this was the only difference. I have other primers in the stash to replace it with, just finished this morning so I haven't decided which one to use yet. 

Skinn Olive + Enzyme Makeup Clothes- a favorite. Replacing with Bioderma and dry disposable face towels from the stash. 

How about you?

Have a good weekend. Be well all!

"Dogs heal hearts they never broke"
RIP Lexi aka "Momma" 1/15/24
Respected Contributor

Re: What did you use up this week? 5/10

[ Edited ]

Hi beauties.  Happy Mothers Day weekend to all the wonderful moms on the forums.  I used up:

Whole blends shampoo.  Replaced with Dove shampoo.  

Sally Hansen instant dry pink nail polish.  Have SH and other brands. Lots of pinks and berries to choose from already opened, so did not replace.  

That's it for me.  

Honored Contributor

Hi @kathie66 

While I didn't use anything up this week, I did cancel a few AS plans that I had at HSN.  Besides cost, there were other reasons why I cancelled them.  Here is my list:

SKINN - All remaining AS plans for the Age Reset Serum, Eye Cream, and Night cream.  Because of cost and other reasons, felt it was time to move on to other products.  Still have a few of each of these in my stash so should be fine until late summer into the Fall.  Will have plenty of time to find alternatives.

Tweak'd - The styling cream.  I have one bottle from who knows when and 2 unopened bottles from when it was a TS, I think, in January or maybe earlier.  Just felt there was no reason to get another set in September.  What I have will probably last me years as its not used very often.

Perlier - the large bottle of the Hyaluronic Serum.  I'm barely using this.  Seems everything I try with it, it pills something awful.  So saw no reason to get another one.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JudyL  I hate when a skin care product pills.......not sure what ingredient exactly causes this, but it's so frustrating.  I've had one of my moisturizers pill with a BB cream.  Ick.  Wasn't sure if it was the moisturizer or the sunscreen in it.  

Even with this weekly thread and just a few current purchases, I still have WAY too much beauty.  Body wash, is STILL the most overstocked item I have.  Most other products are getting down to normal.  Still on a no buy, except if TOTALLY out.  I've shared with friends and family, too.  🤣🤣

Respected Contributor

Hello All!

Not a big week, but I did use up:

-Essence Lash Princess Mascara, new Ulta order placed!

-Orange Cream Burst Chapstick, discontinued but I found more in Amazon, a favorite flavor and I am sad it's been discontinued.

Enjoy your weekend!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

My report for the week...

Skinn DWP Creme Reverse Intensive (Supersized jar) - used up.  It’s such a great night cream.  I ordered the duo of the regular size jars during the WDD, even though I had another big one in the stash.  I decided to open a regular this time for convenience sake, but I also bumped up my auto ship for another big one to ship next week, in hopes of building up my inventory a bit before HSN and SKINN decide to terminate the current A/S plan.  I hope they don’t but they’re acting crazy lately so ya never know.

Skinn DWP Eye Creme Reverse Intensive - used up, opened a new one.

Skinn Neck Amour Serum and Overnight Mask - I actually like both of these but I decided to do an experiment.I’m setting them aside for at least a month, maybe two, and will just use my face serums and either my face cream or a body cream, and see what happens.I have both of the Skinn products on great A/S plans but with the way things are going there’s no telling how long they will last.If I can get multi tasking from something I already have, it would be great.

Tweak’d 2XL Dream Big Volumizing Hair Treatment Clay - this stuff was OLD and unopened.  The contents dried up like a rock and rattled inside the jar.  Pitched it.

@JudyL - I stopped my supersized bottle of Perlier HA too.  I still use the eye one.  I found an HA serum replacement on Amazon that has five molecular weights and a 1.69 oz bottle is under $20 on an Amazon subscription 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi everyone,

One small bar of Oatmeal soap. Trying to use up my stash before buying any others...quite a few either bought in gift shops on vakay, or gifted to me, or even a few nice ones from hotels...that's where that Oatmeal one came from.

That's it for this week!

PS. Recently bought two sets of Josie's 'Prosperity Mist' that I'd never tried before. (I bought the one, unscented, set of two, before seeing the Tropical one with body wash.)

Thinking of returning at least one of these...$62 for the unscented $55 for the tropical. Was disappointed in the tropical one (I forget the exact fragrance name, but it's supposed to be like pineapple/vanilla coconut)...hardly any fragrance at all in the wash and just as little in the oil. You smell a tiny bit of fragrance in the oil when it goes on, then it's gone immediately. I think that one will go back. I will say the body wash lather is nice and creamy.

On top of that...I have an old bottle of "seaside" fragranced oil I got in Cape Cod, years ago that DOES smell like beach, and stays fragrant on...not cloying, just light, summery, beachy. I think I'll stick to that this summer. I don't need the JM. Such a disappointment...as I do love her scented body butters. 

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch  - The SKINN DWP Creme Reverse Intensive is such a great night cream and probably the product I will miss the most.  Not saying I won't ever buy anything from SKINN again but, along with the other issues going on, the cost was just too much.  In my stash I have, unopened, a supersize jar and two of the smaller jars so that should last me quite a while.  Who knows if I can't find another less expensive night cream that I like and HSN comes up with a good deal on this one, I may cave again.

Glad you were able to find an HA serum on Amazon that is such a good deal.

Esteemed Contributor

I used up my facial cleanser.  The best I have ever used.  I received a full size sample with the foundation I order online.  I went to the website & it was $48!  Found a great deal online & should arrive soon.

Honored Contributor

@kathie66 

Another product I didn't use up but gave to my granddaughter.  It was one of my first highlighters and is a bit chunky for me.  If she doesn't like it, she's more than welcome to throw it away.

Benefit Cosmetics Cookie Golden Pearl Powder Highlighter #1