Honored Contributor

Beauty Purchases This Week; 5/9/24

Good morning Beauties!  Let us know what you purchased this week.  How do you like it?  Is it an old favorite or a new to you purchase?

Here's my list:

CosRx -  All of these are new products for me.  Snail Mucin Power Repairing Essence.  I like this alot!  Use it in the PM just before night moisturizer and do feel it helps with hydration. Propolis Ampoule Glow Boosting Serum - use this in the AM just before moisturizer.  It has a thicker consistency.  Like it a lot too.  Propolis Synergy Toner - use this in the AM after my essence.  Love this.  Really do think the two Popolis products have made a difference in the smoothness and hydration of my skin even though it's only been a week.  Galatomyces Facial Essence - use this in the PM.  Not sure if I really notice a difference yet in any way with this product but I still like it for an essence.

Gold Bond - Age Renew Neck and Chest Firming Cream.  Finally decided to try this.  It was on sale so timing was good.  Not expecting miracles but a more hydrated look would be fine with me and maybe a softening of a few lines, maybe, please.  LOL

HaruHaru Wonder - Black Rice Hyaluronic Toner for Sensitive Skin.  I love this!  This is my second bottle.  Put this on right after cleansing and my skin loves it.  

Naturium - This is a new product for me from Naturium.  Use other products from this line so thought I would try this.  BHA Liquid Exfoliant 2%.  Have only used it a couple of times so can't give a review yet.  Same thing, I'm assuming, as the famous Paula's Choice BHA exfoliant just at a much more reasonable price.

Perlier - These are repeat purchases - Black Rice Platinum Ultra-Booster Face Serum.  Add this to moisturizers, serums, etc.  Put it on AS since the price was so low.  Black Rice Night Eye Contour Serum.  Have been using this for a while so since it was on a special low price, I picked up a back-up.  I think it does add hydration to my really dry eye area.  Put this on before eye cream.

Tweak'd - Almost out of my current Tweak'd shampoo so ordered the Superbloom 2XL Fiber Lift Shampoo and Conditioner.  Have used Tweak'd shampoo/conditioner for years.  Hoping I like this as much as the others.

KORRES - Decided to go ahead and get more Unscented Body Butter.  Since I have no sense of smell, the scents don't mean anything to me.  So glad there is an unscented choice.  Wild Rose Cream Exfoliator - this sounded good and it was on a special price so decided to try it.  Trying to find alternatives to the SKINN Dermapeel that I have been using.

Looking foward to reading everyone's posts!  Take care - it's heating up here in the Bay Area and weather is a bit nuts in other parts of the country too.

Honored Contributor

Re: Beauty Purchases This Week; 5/9/24

[ Edited ]

Just this one thing for me. Been on the lookout for a lash serum b/c VieBeauti has failed me twice so far using their gold and also their pink tubes. My lashes have gone back to their skimpy appearance so I bought this 'Amazon's Choice' lash serum. Hope it works! They offer a subscription for it, too.

Silksence Upgraded Eyelash Growth Serum 

Upgraded Lash Serum for Eyelash Growth: Premium 5 ML Eyelash Serum with  Advanced Eyelash Enhancing Formula - Longer Fuller Thicker Enhancer and ...

$20

Super Contributor

I did buy the TS Korres body butter yesterday.  I got the Blackberry Vanilla, Mediterranean Vanilla, and 2 Guava. I love the Guava, but haven't tried the other 2. I'm off the rest of the week so time will tell if I purchase anything else. I'm trying to be good this week 😁😂

Honored Contributor

I purchased Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Cleansing Oil and their Vit.C.

Honored Contributor

Hi Beauties.  DH and I are driving up to The Dells for a short trip. We attend a Christian music event there every year.  We always have a great time and enjoy seeing many friends.  Trying to type while going over bumpy roads and dealing with stupid traffic is challenging.  The event begins tonight.  Tomorrow afternoon there's some free time so we'll likely end up at the outlet mall.  A few years ago I bought my first Patricia Nash purse there.

@JudyL - I'm so delighted for you and your new found love for CosRx products.  It seems like we both enjoy many of the same products.

These were my purchases for the week...

Tweak’d Glacier MLK Cold Plunge Cleansing Mask Duo - on a great sale last weekend so bought two sets 🙄🫣, in separate transactions so I could use my $5.00 coupon on each one.  I purchased this product a couple of years ago, to try as a daily cleanser.  It came in a set with a bottle of the moisturizing lotion.  I liked both and they smelled terrific.  I was a little sad when I ran out, but the regular prices are ridiculous, so that was that. I’m not scent sensitive at all, but if you are, this may be a bit much for you.  The mask product does need to be rinsed with cool water so that may be a turn-off to some. Don’t get me wrong, I like my current cleanser, Sebamed, but that didn’t stop me.  I was thinking about the experience.  I need to decide how I’m going to fit it in my routine - maybe use one cleanser in the AM and in the PM, maybe this one will only be a mask.  The jar will make it an easy travel cleanser.

Perlier Black Rice Triple Sized Night Eye Contour Serum - this is usually quite expensive, but was a steal over the weekend.  I only buy it when I catch a sale, so I bought three, in separate transactions so I could use my coupon code on them too.  Now I’m set for a while.  I’ve never seen it offered on A/S or I would’ve set up a plan.  I use this at night, all around the eye, before my night eye cream.  Skip mentioned using it day and night so I may try that.

Monthly Massage - my therapist takes such good care of me.  I told him about my plantar fasciitis and he worked on my feet for a good while, even adding a few extra minutes to my time and not charging me for it.  I’m going back Monday for a foot only massage.

Highlights and a Haircut - technically my appointment wasn’t for a couple of weeks but DD had a cancellation when her client had a family emergency.  She posted about the opening and I told her we’d come in. When we arrived she was still working on another client who I happened to know.  She was a former student and friend of one of our sons.  It was nice to see her and catch up.

Revlon Illuminance Foundation - the summer shade I ordered (401 Light Coffee) looks pretty dark at first but settles into a pretty shade.  I think I’ll be able to make it work by mixing a little with my usual shade and adjusting the chemistry as my tan deepens.

Lab Direct Code 44 Polyglutamic Acid 10K Hydra-Drench Refresh -  it’s a higher concentration and less expensive than my current PGA serum.  With the higher concentration I’ll use only a drop or two mixed into something else.  I like the one I’m using but willing to try this when I run out. I bought it now and will add to the stash, since there was a coupon code.

Lab Direct Dark Spot Corrector - this is a 15% Niacinamide serum and a better value than the CosRx. I like the CosRx products a lot but am willing to give this one a try.  I’m going to alternate between 10% and 15%.  Bought this one ahead of time because there was a coupon code.  Thanks @SilleeMee 

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch - Will be curious how you like the higher percentage Niacinamide.  While the Lab Direct may be a better value than the CosRx, not sure I trust that brand anymore so think I would go with the CosRx.  That aside, will be interested to see what you think of it.

Honored Contributor

You're welcome @JeanLouiseFinch .

Did you get that TLD niacinamide 15% from The Beauty Beaker? You got it for almost nothing...the shipping cost and that was so low.Woman Happy Good deal!

Honored Contributor

@JudyL 

After I found out that my Power Punch serum was expired, I sort of felt betrayed and I almost didn't want to buy anything from The Lab Direct after that. But I changed my mind and ordered a bottle from Amazon and made sure it wasn't expired or about to soon. I still like it and will continue using it.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@JudyL 

After I found out that my Power Punch serum was expired, I sort of felt betrayed and I almost didn't want to buy anything from The Lab Direct after that. But I changed my mind and ordered a bottle from Amazon and made sure it wasn't expired or about to soon. I still like it and will continue using it.

@SilleeMee  - Understand.  When all this started re the codes, I checked my Lab Direct Vit C and I did have 2 bottles that are good until June 2025, so kept those and will use them up.  Right now I'm using a different brand Vit C so will use up the LD Vit C after I'm done with the current one.  Then I'll decide what I want to do.  If I do get it again, I'd probably get it through Amazon and feel a bit more comfortable doing it through them rather than ShopLC.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

You're welcome @JeanLouiseFinch .

Did you get that TLD niacinamide 15% from The Beauty Beaker? You got it for almost nothing...the shipping cost and that was so low.Woman Happy Good deal!

Yes  @SilleeMee, I did.   The two items shipped for just under $6 and with the discount code the total charge was $9.47 👍