Valued Contributor

Re: What are your HG (Holy Grail-Must Have) Perricone Products?

I love,love, love the Vitamin C 15. It has brightened and firmed my face and lightened my sun spots to barely visable.

I also love Neuropeptide Facial Cream.

I use many others, but these are two of my favorites.

Regular Contributor

On 2/4/2014 gtx said:

I love,love, love the Vitamin C 15. It has brightened and firmed my face and lightened my sun spots to barely visable.

I also love Neuropeptide Facial Cream.

I use many others, but these are two of my favorites.

gtx, how long did it take for that sun damage to fade? Did you use the Vitamin C Ester 15 every night? How long did a tube last? Sorry for the interrogation, but I still have a few tubes left and may give it another go. I like that product very much (smells good) but had to give that Mad Hippie Vitamin C Serum that everyone raves about a try.

Thanks!

Regular Contributor

asltw, I'm glad you splurged on the Conformer. Perricone recommends using it 3x per week in place of any other treatment products. I have it from a reliable source that it's fine to use every day. Then again, lunch in Paris would be nice, too. Daily use is not in my budget. There is something special about it.

My lack of confidence is not in the technology behind the products or the products themselves. As has been discussed here before (although things disappear so quickly) the release of so many products, especially those exclusively to QVC, is confusing. The conflicting advice on Perricone's website is troubling. If all of this new technology is superior, why have the old products not been phased out?

How many times can we hear "This is absolutely the best product Perricone has come up with" and believe it? Rather than "confidence," I should have said "credibility."

I've been on and off with Perricone since 2002, I think, so it certainly still has a strong pull. Color me confused.

Honored Contributor

Acyl-Glutathione for EYES. Love it. Won't give it up. I see a noticeable firming in my lids.

Regular Contributor

You know I agree with your concerns, ProductGuy. I'm as confused as anyone.

Thought I'd list my products that keep me voicing my concerns because as frustrated as I get with the brand's confusing and chaotic product information, there are those products above that are my absolute must-haves.

Let's talk about the Ester C 15 for a minute. I used to race sailboats back in the day and have been a boater of one type or another for a long time. It's easier to talk about wearing hats than it is to wear them. I like to enjoy my time outside, and unfortunately, I hate hats. All of them. I also don't care for mainstream sunscreens but that's another subject.

Ester C 15 has made an amazing difference reversing and/or improving the results of sun damage for me. I had a few new sun spots after moving to California (from New England) this past year and they're gone thanks to the Ester C. My skin lightens when I use it, and definitely has a clarity and smoothness that turns duller when I'm not using it. I use it ALONE at night after cleansing. I followed the website's Q&A recommendation for awhile, to use it before -- and along with -- the HP Evening Repair. It made the Ester C less effective for me. Others may have a different response.

What does the Neuropeptide Facial Conformer do for you that you like so much? I recently started using the NP Firming Moisturizer in the morning. Too soon to review, but so far, so good. Only have a sample size. Want to see if it's worth the cost. It's probably too expensive in the final analysis. It does seem that the NP products have the most ardent followers.

Valued Contributor

Product Guy, I saw an immediate brightening with the Vitamin C. They say give it 7 days, but you will see a difference in a couple of days. I use it almost every night, except when I want to use the High Potency Evening Repair. It has retinol in it and I have read that vit C and retinol don't work well together. So I use HPER occasionally to get some retinol in my skin.

I put a little extra Vit C on my sun spots and rub it in good. They are barely visable.

There were some complaints by some that the Vit C is drying. It is a treatment and is to be used before moisturizer.I put it on clean dry skin. I feel a warming effect. I love the way it firms my face. I use Cold Plasma or Face Finishing Moisturizer on top.

One tube lasts me at least a month or more.

I also use it on the tops of my hands for brown spots.

Regular Contributor

On 2/5/2014 DualCoasts said:

What does the Neuropeptide Facial Conformer do for you that you like so much? I recently started using the NP Firming Moisturizer in the morning. Too soon to review, but so far, so good. Only have a sample size. Want to see if it's worth the cost. It's probably too expensive in the final analysis. It does seem that the NP products have the most ardent followers.

NFC is pleasant to use, both texture and scent. You know how you can have a good hair day? Well, that's how I feel about my face with NFC. To me, I look more even on those days, bright, lifted. I have a sample size of the NP Firming Moisturizer as well, and I much prefer it to FFM. Again, scent is a factor. I haven't used it long enough to judge effectiveness, but moisture isn't a problem for me. Surprisingly, or not, I like the NP Cleanser as well, and it's really not my style. I prefer more of a lathery cleanser than creamy, and I really don't care for his other cleansers.

I've only purchased the NFC once, and I don't know that I'd ever purchase it again. It was at the Flagship Store in NYC during a Friends and Family event, and I was swept up in the moment.

Regular Contributor

On 2/5/2014 ProductGuy said:

What does the Neuropeptide Facial Conformer do for you that you like so much? I recently started using the <em>NP Firming Moisturizer</em> in the morning. Too soon to review, but so far, so good. Only have a sample size. Want to see if it's worth the cost. It's probably too expensive in the final analysis. It does seem that the NP products have the most ardent followers.

NFC is pleasant to use, both texture and scent. You know how you can have a good hair day? Well, that's how I feel about my face with NFC. To me, I look more even on those days, bright, lifted.

Wow! Nothing better than a good hair day in my book -- so I just might have to try the NFC.

Super Contributor

The ones I use are Cold Plasma Face and Eye and Acyl Glutathione and High Potency Evening Repair. Also Formula 15. Not sure which is my favorite.

Trusted Contributor

You know I agree with your concerns, ProductGuy. I'm as confused as anyone.

Thought I'd list my products that keep me voicing my concerns because as frustrated as I get with the brand's confusing and chaotic product information, there are those products above that are my absolute must-haves.

Let's talk about the Ester C 15 for a minute. I used to race sailboats back in the day and have been a boater of one type or another for a long time. It's easier to talk about wearing hats than it is to wear them. I like to enjoy my time outside, and unfortunately, I hate hats. All of them. I also don't care for mainstream sunscreens but that's another subject.

Ester C 15 has made an amazing difference reversing and/or improving the results of sun damage for me. I had a few new sun spots after moving to California (from New England) this past year and they're gone thanks to the Ester C. My skin lightens when I use it, and definitely has a clarity and smoothness that turns duller when I'm not using it. I use it ALONE at night after cleansing. I followed the website's Q&A recommendation for awhile, to use it before -- and along with -- the HP Evening Repair. It made the Ester C less effective for me. Others may have a different response.

DualCoasts,

Have you tried other vitamin c products? If so, how did they compare?