Super Contributor

SURVEY: FAVORITE COLORED MASCARA?

We had a thread on this a while back when they were just coming out, but some new high end and drugstore brands have rolled out their products. What are your favorites ladies?

For me:

Dept. Store Estee Lauder

Drugstore Almay I-Intense

My only beef is the color on both is so subtle it can only show up as color in sunlight. I don't want neon, but would like to try something with a little more color "oomph."

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SURVEY: FAVORITE COLORED MASCARA?

I have an Almay, and I agree it is subtle, but maybe because it is plum. Every now & then I'll reach for it.

I think Maybelline delivers more color. I have their plum, and also royal blue, which I use more frequently.

Funny how I love the blue mascara on my brown eyes, but not so much navy or blue liner.

Lancome makes a navy, and that's the other I've tried and liked.

Valued Contributor

I guess I am in a rut, I only use black!

Honored Contributor

I have been using navy mascara for the last 40 years, wear navy only when I wear navy or blue outfits, also use navy liners on those days too.

Respected Contributor

On 2/15/2014 buddylou said:

I guess I am in a rut, I only use black!

Me too!!

Super Contributor

The CK mascaras at Ulta have some nice colors. They are a little more intense--a nice violet and blue especially. I like to layer them over black.

Respected Contributor

I switched to a brown/bronze shadow by Dior when they were on sale. Now I'm hooked. I'm very fair, close to seventy and black looked too harsh on me. Problem is it's not on sale anymore and it is very expensive. However, anything that makes me look younger and less made up is worth it to me.

Regular Contributor

I just found a display in Walgreens with a few different colors of L'Oreal Voluminous. I purchased the blue, but they also had a purple and a teal. It said it was a limited edition. I looked and I don't see it on their website. I've only worn it once, but I like it. It's not a navy blue; it's a brighter blue. I like it over a coat of black mascara to give just a touch of blue.

Regular Contributor

I love colored mascara, but I only use it on the tips of my eyelashes.. The blue, purple, green, bronze any colors I can find.. When I do use the colored mascara, I first use a light black or black/brown and color the tips..

Trusted Contributor

Sephora's ""Light Flicker Mascara"" in ""Nightshadow Blue"" is fun to wear clubbing or to parties. It has a pearlescent shimmer. Smiley Happy