Trusted Contributor

Re: What Do You Know About Revlon Gel Envy?

Does this come off easily with regular nail polish?

Honored Contributor

I bought a few bottles when it first came out 2 years ago, nothing special at all.

Honored Contributor

@MrsCat21 wrote:

Yes, comes off with regular polish remover.

Honored Contributor

@MrsCat21 wrote:

@MrsCat21According to the ads it does come off with remover!

Honored Contributor

I've always had great results with the Extra Life No Chip Top Coat along with the Quick Dry Base Coat.

Using rubber gloves for dishes, I can go two weeks with no chips, but the shine does dull.

Honored Contributor

@abbeythe 8th wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:
Spoiler

Well....of course, the ads make it sound like the greatest thing since nail polish was invented...lol   They want sales...lol   I haven't tried it but my commonse rules.  At best, it lasts a a couple of days longer than regular nail polish.  Which is a good thing.  At worse, it's no different than their other nail polishes. 

It does last for me without a chip. I have gone 2 weeks.  I change my polish weekly because I grow weary of the color and there is visible growth line at the base afyer a week. 

I feel the same.  I have a few colors from this line and do not recall it chipping.  I have so many bottles of polish so have a weekly polish change.

Respected Contributor

Vinyluz lasts a little longer with no chip, but I find that that this top coat is the very best. I use it with non Gel Envy polishes, as well. Someone said they used to use Colorstay. I did too and replaceing it with this has been a good thing.

Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Valued Contributor

I  have several of the colors in this line.  It lasts about six days or so for me.  However, I have never been able to keep polish on my nails for more than a day or two, so this is terrific!  I get so many compliments on the color Roulette in this line.  Complete strangers stop me and tell me how much they love that color.  I usually put Nailtiques as a base coat, one coat of Revlon Gel Envy, and top it with Seche Vite.  It works for me better than any polish I have ever tried.

Honored Contributor

I must have 10 bottles of Revlons Gel Envy polish. I really like how it goes on and love how professional the results look. I do my nails every Friday morning and am lucky if they go un-chipped until Sunday. I am not rough with my hands but NONE of my polishes stay on without chips for more than just a few days.

"Pure Michigan"