Respected Contributor
Well, since it is April 1st, I thought I would start a chat thread for April. I thought about making an April fool's joke like saying there would be a summer mango coconut gallon in June, but that would have made some people really mad, lol!! Anyways, I hope everyone has a great month. I am looking forward to all the Wen chat this month. Chat away ladies and gents!! Smiley Happy
Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!
New Contributor

Hi.... I am trying to understand why everybody gets so excited about love, love, loving a fragrance that goes down the drain and has no effect on hair? I saw a blip where Chaz was even explaining his inspiration for one of the scents. Does that really interest anybody? I love for products to have a fragrance, but, since it doesn't last, I would never buy one just for the fragrance. I only buy for results. I use Wen all the time, but would just like to understand the emphasis on fragrance rather than ingredients.

Super Contributor

I do find Chaz's inspiration interesting - that kind of art is certainly not in my DNA and I enjoy hearing his process. I don't think anyone puts scent ahead of ingredients or performance.

It's just fun to have a new scent to "play" with, speculate about, etc. I don't use the seasonals, but I still enjoy the discussions and the anticipation.

Respected Contributor
I love all the new scents. It keeps it interesting. However, I do put performance ahead of scent. I don't really care for the scent of tea tree that much, but it performs well. I use it everyday. The seasonal scents don't work well for me, but I do enjoy the seasonal scents in the oils and mists.
Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!
Honored Contributor
On 4/1/2014 Lucky Granny said:

Hi.... I am trying to understand why everybody gets so excited about love, love, loving a fragrance that goes down the drain and has no effect on hair? I saw a blip where Chaz was even explaining his inspiration for one of the scents. Does that really interest anybody? I love for products to have a fragrance, but, since it doesn't last, I would never buy one just for the fragrance. I only buy for results. I use Wen all the time, but would just like to understand the emphasis on fragrance rather than ingredients.

I don't care so much about his own inspiration, but scent is really important to him and it is to me. As one of the senses with the strongest links to memory, the scent experience is very powerful. I don't even buy body wash, hand soap, or lotion from the drugstore unless I can smell it first and I've been that way as long as I can remember.

I take long showers and want that scent experience to be pleasurable. I don't mind that a fragrance doesn't last once I step outside the shower because that allows me to change my scent experience by applying a favorite perfume, oil, or going without any additional fragrance, depending on my mood and my allergies. If I love a WEN scent that doesn't work as my cleanser, I'll buy it in the other products or use it in other ways. Likewise, if a WEN formula works for me, but isn't my favorite scent (Fig... blah), I'll still use it, but mix it with scents I prefer.

Respected Contributor

I love trying new scents! I'm new to WEN and enjoying trying all the different formulas. BUT, I won't use something just for scent that isn't also working on my hair.

Super Contributor
On 4/1/2014 ChynnaBlue said:

I don't care so much about his own inspiration, but scent is really important to him and it is to me. As one of the senses with the strongest links to memory, the scent experience is very powerful. I don't even buy body wash, hand soap, or lotion from the drugstore unless I can smell it first and I've been that way as long as I can remember.

I take long showers and want that scent experience to be pleasurable. I don't mind that a fragrance doesn't last once I step outside the shower because that allows me to change my scent experience by applying a favorite perfume, oil, or going without any additional fragrance, depending on my mood and my allergies. If I love a WEN scent that doesn't work as my cleanser, I'll buy it in the other products or use it in other ways. Likewise, if a WEN formula works for me, but isn't my favorite scent (Fig... blah), I'll still use it, but mix it with scents I prefer.

Absolutely agree with everything you said!!

Tami

Respected Contributor

Although I enjoy Chaz's stories, they are not that important. However, my long baths and showers are sanity for me and I really look forward to whatever scents I will use in my bath and shower on skin and hair. If a formula is really bad for me, I won't use it, but I will make changes in my routine for one formula to help it along, as it were - if it is not the most moisturizing, i.e. WCM, which I really love the scent of. I would also say that I am not unconcerned with ingredients, but I do not worry too much about what is in WEN unless there is a particular ingredient I do not want to use. I have learned more than I ever knew about ingredients since I started using WEN.

Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Respected Contributor
I used the Wen kids watermelon today for my first cleanse followed by the spring orange blossom. I cannot keep my hands out of my hair!!!!! I will probably be buying another gallon of Wen kids watermelon this year.
Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!
Respected Contributor
Does anyone know what the new 613 product will be in June??? The suspense is killing me!!!
Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!