Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva   All I can say is OMG!  I am willing to bet these ladies are not natural beuaties.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@tansy 

Probably a lot of variants to that statement.  I'm guessing it could depend on the person and the makeup.

Honored Contributor

@Frenchlop 

I bet you (we) don't look as bad without as we think.  It's just that we're used to seeing ourselves with it and of course we look better with makeup.  I'm almost 62 again and my mother tells me I look like a little girl without my makeup.  

I will always wear makeup when leaving the house but I've come to realize I'm not going to scare dogs and small children without it.

Super Contributor

"scare dogs and small children" lol

Honored Contributor

@monicakm 

"scare dogs and small children without it"

and the sparkles in lotion looking pretty under the OR lights.

Thank you for a much needed laugh tonight.

Honored Contributor

@JudyL 

You're welcome Smiley Happy  Haven't you noticed how glitter/sparkles show up better in in some lighting vs others?  Case in point is my glitter wall in my bathroom.  It shows up but when the side lighting from a wall sconce on the other side of the bathroom is on, the wall explodes in glitter goodness!  I can see OR lighting having that effect on glitter.  Hummm...  

Honored Contributor

Re: Wearing Makeup Everyday

[ Edited ]

@monicakm wrote:

@JudyL 

You're welcome Smiley Happy  Haven't you noticed how glitter/sparkles show up better in in some lighting vs others?  Case in point is my glitter wall in my bathroom.  It shows up but when the side lighting from a wall sconce on the other side of the bathroom is on, the wall explodes in glitter goodness!  I can see OR lighting having that effect on glitter.  Hummm...  

@monicakm wrote:

@JudyL 

@monicakm wrote:

@JudyL 

@monicakm  Well not sure the doctor and nurses would appreciate it as it may get inside the incision and cause problems.  As someone who grew up around surgeons and knows surgical nurses, I'd say they wouldn't appreciate it much.  Plus you are covered up in the OR so no one would probably see it.  They probably wouldn't be too happy about it either as I'm sure as they are trying to prep the surgical area, the glitter/sparkles would not come off easily and they'd have to scrub the area pretty good to make sure its all gone.  Again, I can just hear the OR nurses and scrubs and Drs, saying a few words about that.  

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Katcat1 wrote:

There is not one woman that works that would come to work bare face.  Women wear makeup everyday that work and that is a fact.  I did, but you wash it off when you get home or before bed.  There are some women that are stay at home moms and also wear makeup everyday.

@Katcat1 , hate to break it to you but a lot of women work everyday and don't wear make-up.   I see it all the time.  

I work in an office with 3 other women.  2 of them do not wear any make-up.  One puts some Vaseline on her lips periodically throughout the day.  The other does absolutely nothing.  I've never seen her with so much as a clear gloss on her lips.  She's in her mid-30's.  

@Lipstickdiva  @Katcat1  - I can't recall any women I've worked with over the years coming to work with no makeup.  I think everyone needs a little something.

Honored Contributor

@JudyL 

Ok Miss Party Pooper but I'm going in with Lips and Lashes.  My surgeon acts like he's chronically constipated anyway.  I don't want to do anything to make him mad.

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@Lipstickdiva   All I can say is OMG!  I am willing to bet these ladies are not natural beuaties.

@Katcat1  - Lol.  I busted out laughing when I read your post.  I was thinking the same thing when I read @Lipstickdiva 's post.  They probably could use a little help!