Honored Contributor

Was watching the show last night and a new eyeshadow palette was presented.  Have never tried her eyeshadows - at least that I remember anyway.  What struck me was when the shadows were shown on the models, it didn't look like they had much color to them.  They seemed very faint.  The host and Laura Geller kept saying they were "soft" colors.  Well, yeah, so soft that it was hard to see them.

While I like quite a few of Laura's products, was wondering if anyone here had tried her shadows?  Maybe the models just weren't putting them on very heavy for some reason.

Esteemed Contributor

I have tried them in the past. I know the particular palette you were looking at. The colors are very frosted, and shimmery. One of the first ingredients is talc, something I avoid. There's a lot of fall out when you're trying to put the eyeshadow on your lids. I think the quality of her make up used to be much better in the past.

Respected Contributor

@JudyL I don't have the palette shown last night, but I have had several LG eyeshadow palettes and singles over the years. I'm currently using the Vanity Favorites palette from last year. The color payoff has always been good for me with her shadows, plus they are buildable.

I use a brush for application, I don't know if a foam applicator would make a difference.

Honored Contributor

@Effie54   It's funny you mention fall out.  I experienced that with Laura's blush and returned it.  I like Laura's lipsticks, that's all.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@Effie54   It's funny you mention fall out.  I experienced that with Laura's blush and returned it.  I like Laura's lipsticks, that's all.

Same here. I used to like her items more in the past, when she was the real head of the company and not just a spokesperson 

Honored Contributor

The fallout may be due ot the talc, I use talc free shadows. Too 

Faced has some and Pacifica is talc free. I have about 5 palettes from Pacifica.  All vegan.