Honored Contributor

I believe it's true that there are products (different for everyone) that will actually improve the look of everyone's skin and actually make them look younger.  I've found many that work for me.    

Esteemed Contributor

It's definitely true that eating a healthy diet, keeping a healthy lifestyle over several years will keep your complexion and body healthy and looking vital and youthful.  I believe that once the damage is done, you cannot un-do it.  Start early!  If you're healthy on the inside, it shows on the outside. 

It's true that a confident, happy attitude will keep a person looking and feeling younger.  It's not all cosmetics - it's YOU.

It's true that some masks and treatments will "temporarily" smooth complexions and tighten pores.

It's true that yes, absolutely!, Vitamin C brightens complexions and prevents further dark spots.  It's true that using Retinol consistently will keep skin smoother -- but it does not reverse damage done.  It stops the clock and keeps complexions youthful longer. 

It's positively true that everyone's skin is different -- not every product will work for every person.  And no cosmetic, no matter the cost, is a fountain of youth.

It is not true that the more expensive a product is, the better it will work.  The high-end, department store, products are no better than the less expensive products. 

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

Stay out of the sun, you'll look younger! Very true.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Trusted Contributor

@Jacie wrote:

Stay out of the sun, you'll look younger! Very true.

@JacieI was shocked by a recent picture of a group of my mom's friends.  They had a little reunion last month and OMG, the three who moved to Florida looked SO much older than the ladies who are still in NY.  What an advertisement to stay out of the sun!

Honored Contributor

So much of what they say is false that I wouldn't know where to begin. My pet peeves are those companies that purport to be "natural" and who scare the public about chemicals and all sorts of ingredients not proved to be harmful.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

"No woman over 60 should wear powder or powder blush".

False.

Honored Contributor

@jubilant wrote:

False.

@jubilant, how funny because I just read in another current thread here that eyeshadow looks awful on a woman over 60 and thought the same thing: FALSE.

It's all individual.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Contributor
I think it is FALSE that celebrities actually use the at home hair color (in a box) that they advertise for!!
Respected Contributor

@luvinlife wrote:
I think it is FALSE that celebrities actually use the at home hair color (in a box) that they advertise for!!

@luvinlifeOr their hair will look like the models if you use that product.

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@jubilant wrote:

False.

@jubilant, how funny because I just read in another current thread here that eyeshadow looks awful on a woman over 60 and thought the same thing: FALSE.

It's all individual.

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@jubilant wrote:

False.

It's all individual.