Esteemed Contributor

Have any beauty things that you've abandoned?

Several beauty things of the past for me are tanning (of course) and self-tanning, as well as colored liners & eye shadows.

Honored Contributor

I tossed all my mascara a few years ago as my eye issues became more severe;  I also tossed all powdery shadows but I do sometimes use a tiny bit of a creamy shadow.

I am going to toss all my lip glosses one of these days -  I almost never use any of them and I think they're now too old to chance!

I spend almost nothing now on cosmetics, but the cost of my skincare more than surpasses what I used to spend on pretty colors!

Esteemed Contributor

Fair question, but if I've abandoned them, I tend to totally forget about them. 😻

Honored Contributor

I can't remember the last time I bought a tube of lipstick.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

I haven't used full coverage foundation and/or powder for yrs. Both look aging on my older skin.

Esteemed Contributor

How far in the past?  First thing that came to my mind was hair rollers. 

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

I can't believe I wore such a strong scented fragrance such as Obsession by Calvin Klein...Skin care with mineral oil...Ponds cold cream to take off makeup....

Vivid blue eyeshadow...Baby Powder...Vaseline... 

Valued Contributor

Dark eye shadow, foundation, powder, curling irons. Also, rarely use a blow dryer.

Honored Contributor

Re: Thing of the Past

[ Edited ]

*tanning
*eyeliner (will sometimes use eyeshadow with an angled brush on the upper lash line)
*lining the lower lashes
*colored lipliners
*contouring (I was never very good at it anyway)
*the idea that I can't leave the house w/o makeup.  I wear mascara to the health club, but that's all.

Honored Contributor

Re: Thing of the Past

[ Edited ]

*the goth/new wave look ;o) Although I still admire it when done well, like Kat von d's look. 

*all hair appliances- no blow dryer, no curling irons, etc. When I want curls, I use non-heat methods. Much healthier for my hair.

*blush. Just doesn't work for me and I really don't need it.

*nail polish. I love the look of nail polish and admire it on others but it just doesn't fit my lifestyle. I just keep my nails tidy, shaped and natural and love the look, nails are healthier and no hassle.

*use of beauty products that aren't truly cruelty free.

*any heavy foundations- I don't need the coverage and I don't like the look. I've got great skin and like to let is show with just sheer to light coverage. 

*beauty gadgets like clarisonics, foreos, etc. I never felt like my skin was any better with them and some were even too harsh (Clarisonic) regardless of how soft the brush was. Plus two derms I use don't like them and see many people who overuse them and they can cause more damage than good. Saves me lots of money and time. A good ol' muslin cloth works just as well and no replacement parts, hassle and doesn't cost alot. 

*hair color with bleach. I get blonde color highlights now instead of bleach based highlights.