Respected Contributor

Re: Teeth Whitening.....Sensitive Teeth

[ Edited ]

@tsavorite wrote:

I wish I could do something about my yellowish dull teeth that didn't cause sensitivity.  I always see these gizmo's for whitening....bought one from HSN and returned it...didn't do anything to whiten and got some sensitivity.  

I was thinking maybe bonding or veneers.....my dentist said when I see lot's of people with a perfect smile that most times then not this is what has been done.  My teeth are also not so straight either....had braces on upper teeth only when I was a kid...things shifted still and well not so great.  

But I keep thinking if they were not so yellow it might look much nicer....anyway I see Q has a new one today on and am tempted but I keep thinking sensitivity will still be a issue.

Thoughts??

I was told that I could never have my teeth whitened by two dentists.  However, my periodontist told me I could.  She had trays made and gave me the whitener.  I finally love my teeth!  They are white and I get complements on my smile now in my 50's.  Dentists can give you gel that won't be as harsh because I have sensitive teeth.  The whitener from Amazon or a tv channel are often too strong for me.  Go to your dentist and have her make some trays for you.  I'm glad I didn't listen to those other two dentists.  Please have professionals do this for you.  It's the only way to get white teeth.  I've tried all the other ways and they didn't work.  It's NOT as expensive as it used to be and they can make the trays while you wait now.