Respected Contributor

Re: Suggestions for mani pedi color combo

@fairydogmotherI like for my nails and toes to match. I would do both in red.

Honored Contributor

I like to match too, especially if my toes will be showing.

Sometimes, in winter, I go crazy and do something a little wild on my toes ;o)

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

@SandPiper wrote:

If you don’t want to wear this color on your toes, you can choose a darker pink or silver/grey or black or navy or even white.  Is your costume all red? If not a color in your costume perhaps?

I wear Big Apple Red all the time and agree with the recommendations above.  Have fun!

Honored Contributor

@fairydogmother,   Essie has an awesome gold color.  It's called Good as Gold.

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

@fairydogmother I'd either wear Big Apple Red on my toes also, or I'd pick a color that coordinated with both the red and the colors in the clothing I'd be wearing when not on stage. I know you said "no glitter," but would you consider a topper such as China Glaze Fairy Dust (or the gold equivalent) that is really finely milled? Or a similar color red polish that contains shimmer or smallish red glitters? In other words, something that added just a tiny bit of sparkle. Depending on the color shift, a topper with flakies would be gorgeous. Plus, flakies are generally easier to remove than glitters.

No matter what you wear, have a GREAT time!

Trusted Contributor

I like to use a cherry red polish on my nails, but for some reason I don't  like the way red polish looks on my toenails.  

Most of the time I use a creme deep navy polish on my toes (it's Essie, the bottle is at home, I  don't have the name) or I wear a deeper blue-grey creme shade, (also Essie).  If you look at their color chart, you will see them right away.  My younger adult nieces always tell me how "awesome" it looks!  I take their word for it.  Smiley Happy