Frequent Contributor

Your favorite Cuticle cream or oil? Push back or clip Cuticles?

What is your favorite cuticle cream or oil for cuticle care? 

And do you clip or push back your cuticles?

Thanks!

Honored Contributor

Re: Your favorite Cuticle cream or oil? Push back or clip Cuticles?

I use Sally Hansen Cuticle Remover most of the time. But I still have to clip my cuticles sometimes. Even after I use the remover on them, my cuticles are very hard and are difficult to remove. I think it's because if my scleroderma that I have this problem.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have lousy nails, but pretty gooc cuticles.  Right now I absolutely love the roll on cuticle oil that came with the Julip TSV.  It soaks in quickly and seems to have helped soften my cuticles nicely.  I don't know if QVC sells it separately. I don't clip my cuticles. Just push them back frequently.

I have to say also that I really love the polishes that came with this kit. They go on easily and seem to last forever - they don't chip or peel (even though my nails still do).  I am going to use these exclusively for a while. I think I've found my HG.  Just threw out a lot of other polishes and a few products.

Honored Contributor

I've never done anything with my cuticles.  They are practically non-existent.   

I use a nail brush almost every day and hand lotion - maybe that's why it's not an issue.

Trusted Contributor

my favorites include Perlier hemp oil for cuticles and Lush lemon cuticle butter (smells so good).  I never ever cut my cuticles.  Just occasionally I push them back when they are soft, i.e. after a shower.  And then I just use a washcloth.

Frequent Contributor

Another vote for Julep's nail kit from the TSV. So glad I purchased it and got the same results you have. Really like it. 

Honored Contributor

I just put Solar Oil on my cuticles, but you name it and I've probably tied it.  My nail girl said I have the hardest cuticles she's ever seen.  My thumbs usually need clipping.

Honored Contributor

I use Burts Bees lemon cuticle ointment. It comes in a little tin, and is very effective. I was always told never to clip cuticles, so I push.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

I have to push mine back because they grow out with my nails.  After I've done that, there's a ridge of hard cuticle skin, so I have to carefully trim it off with the clippers.  I also have to "trim" some of the cuticle that is on the sides of my thumbs and index fingers.  It gets so thick and hard that I've actually scratched myself with it and gotten it caught in my clothing, so I have to cut it off, then try to soften what's left with the oil.

Laura loves cats!
Esteemed Contributor

When I was very young my Grandmother taught me to push my cuticles back with my towel every time I bathed. I've been doing this ever since...feels like forever. A wonderful life long habit that has rarely required using any kind of cuticle cream. It really does work! 

I rarely have the need to cut my cuticles. Usually it's an injury that brings the nippers out. There is a product called Blue Cross, a liquid that is extremely effective on tough cuticlrs, both on hands and feet, especially in the summertime.