Honored Contributor

So I Overslept - Five Minute Face!

The alarm went off this morning, and intending to hit the "5 more minutes" button I turned it off. Then I woke up. 

I looked at the clock and panicked. I had 20 minutes until I had to be there! My morning routine usually takes an hour. I almost gave up, thinking I would call out, then out of nowhere I thought of Laura Geller and how she used to talk all of the time about getting ready quickly. She said she would put Balance & Brighten on, do her lips, and put sunglasses on to take her son to school.

I HAD to do my eyes. I had to condense 30 minutes into 5, and I did it!

I used a Beekman wipe. I used B&B all over, and dabbed Westmore concealer under my eyes. I swiped a shadow stick on and quickly lined my upper lid. I did one coat of mascara instead of two. I did my brows a lot faster, using just the rms pencil. I did a quick brush of rms blush. I didn't use my usual setting procedures. Instead of taking a lot of time with lip color, I swiped gloss on.

I didn't have time to select my jewelry, so wore my regular hoops, a slip-on bracelet, my watch, and rings. No time for a necklace. 

But I made it! I didn't share my situation with anyone, and if anyone thought I looked a little different they didn't say anything. When I looked in the mirror later "I" thought I looked a little different. Maybe they were just being kind!   Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

Re: So I Overslept - Five Minute Face!

@beach-mom  - I bet you looked fabulous!

Valued Contributor

@beach-mom  I'm sure you looked beautiful.  I remember my working days and turning that alarm off and overslept.  I kept a makeup bag in my desk at work and plenty of times I just focused on my hair looking decent. When I got to work I put my full face on.  I was fortunate to work with a great team that all the ladies decided to start doing the same thing, unless we had early morning meetings.

Respected Contributor

@happilyretiredgirl wrote:

@beach-mom  I'm sure you looked beautiful.  I remember my working days and turning that alarm off and overslept.  I kept a makeup bag in my desk at work and plenty of times I just focused on my hair looking decent. When I got to work I put my full face on.  I was fortunate to work with a great team that all the ladies decided to start doing the same thing, unless we had early morning meetings.

You reminded me of a funny story. Years ago when I was still working a coworker that retired and moved to another state called a guy that sat in the cubicle next to mine, he said so it 1 oclock there she must have most of her face on!  Meaning me!  It was pretty funny.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think any woman's make-up looks best when she is using natural colors to enhance her beauty, not adding colors that not are not natural to her body. That alone saves a lot of time and usually results in a great look, not the look of a painted doll.

Honored Contributor

Any one of us would have been fired.

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom 

NO way could I do that in 5 minutes!  It takes me that long to get on a bra!!!

Respected Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

The alarm went off this morning, and intending to hit the "5 more minutes" button I turned it off. Then I woke up. 

I looked at the clock and panicked. I had 20 minutes until I had to be there! My morning routine usually takes an hour. I almost gave up, thinking I would call out, then out of nowhere I thought of Laura Geller and how she used to talk all of the time about getting ready quickly. She said she would put Balance & Brighten on, do her lips, and put sunglasses on to take her son to school.

I HAD to do my eyes. I had to condense 30 minutes into 5, and I did it!

I used a Beekman wipe. I used B&B all over, and dabbed Westmore concealer under my eyes. I swiped a shadow stick on and quickly lined my upper lid. I did one coat of mascara instead of two. I did my brows a lot faster, using just the rms pencil. I did a quick brush of rms blush. I didn't use my usual setting procedures. Instead of taking a lot of time with lip color, I swiped gloss on.

I didn't have time to select my jewelry, so wore my regular hoops, a slip-on bracelet, my watch, and rings. No time for a necklace. 

But I made it! I didn't share my situation with anyone, and if anyone thought I looked a little different they didn't say anything. When I looked in the mirror later "I" thought I looked a little different. Maybe they were just being kind!   Smiley Wink

@beach-mom  Way to go, Beach Mom Smiley Very Happy! You're a great story teller- I felt like I was right there with you while you were applying your makeup to beat the clock and get where you needed to go on time Smiley Very Happy! Its tought to apply makeup under pressure, but it sounds like you put together a gorgeous look in record time Heart

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@beach-mom 

NO way could I do that in 5 minutes!  It takes me that long to get on a bra!!!

@ECBG - LOL! I got dressed in a hurry for sure! At least I just threw on pants and a top. I also had a 10 minute drive. But I'm usually early, and today I wasn't. But I wasn't the last one there either!

@rms1954 - I can tell you I'm 100% sure that won't be a problem.  Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom

I think it would have taken me 5 minutes to get out of the bed. So good for you. I bet you looked just fine.