Honored Contributor

Shawn demonstrating mascara with false lashes

I dont' see the point of Shawn demonstrating mascara with heavy false eyelashes.  Maybe she should try wearing the "natural" false lashes if she wants to coat mascara on top to demonstrate. 

The mascara rake from Grand mascra that was just on - I have one from Amazon and it didn't do anything for my lashes.

Honored Contributor

Re: Shawn demonstrating mascara with false lashes

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

I dont' see the point of Shawn demonstrating mascara with heavy false eyelashes.  Maybe she should try wearing the "natural" false lashes if she wants to coat mascara on top to demonstrate. 

The mascara rake from Grand mascra that was just on - I have one from Amazon and it didn't do anything for my lashes.

@San Antonio Gal  - I agree.  Her eye makeup is so heavy tonight that demonstrating that mascara was a joke.  The rake or one similar can be bought at a drugstore or Target, Walmart, Amazon for a lot less.  

Super Contributor

I knew that the eyelashe comb looked familiar, I too have seen it at Target.
I have also used the eyebrow brush/ comb in the past and that works just as well.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just rememberd a video I saw on YT a couple weeks ago where an influencer was talking about sometimes having to "rake" our lashes if they get clumpy.  She suggested going onto Amazon and buying for under $5 a package of disposable spoolies like the ones the end of an eyebrow pencil and combing through your lashes. On her it worked like a charm.  Bet if you cleaned it after using them with some makeup remover and rinsed real well, you could get more than one use out of them.

Trusted Contributor

Shawn also mentioned some former Q host separating lashes everyday with a safety pin🤦‍♀️ 

Dr Yates has moved to the Q, saw him recently on shopHQ selling iGrow hair helmet, now he is selling Color & Lift Hair Thickening Fibers. 

QVC Customer Care
Esteemed Contributor

I thought the mascara looked clumpy even on the model Dianna. It contains castor oil, which I won't put on my lashes. It doesn't get rave reviews either on Sephora and Ulta. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just scrub off the wand from a used-up mascara to unclump lashes...    (That would be "almost" free...)

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

@FLGators wrote:

Shawn also mentioned some former Q host separating lashes everyday with a safety pin🤦‍♀️ 

Dr Yates has moved to the Q, saw him recently on shopHQ selling iGrow hair helmet, now he is selling Color & Lift Hair Thickening Fibers. 

I use to do this in high school...pretty dumb in hindsight!

Esteemed Contributor

@FLGators wrote:

@FLGators I was going to post that that is what I do, use a safety pin!  I do clump, maybe because I don't use mascara much.  I did get a comb, but sometimes a pin is better for attacking a clump!